Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

mlynn1974
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Fantasia STE Demo Music

Post by mlynn1974 »

You probably know the demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jILcInZ929M

I know the tune is 'Friday I'm In Love" by The Cure but does anyone know where the sample used in the demo is from?
I don't think they could sampled that bit of the tune without the vocal track at that time.

Does anyone know if there was an instrumental only B-Side on the original 7" or 12" album releases?

Karaoke instrumental versions didn't exist at the time.
This one is quite good and could be used in a remake:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmI4xE0OlAU

I remember this demo being changed by my local PD Library to work with TOS 1.62 (BEQ->BGE).
Does this demo work on the MegaSTE/TOS 2.06?
Still got, still working: Atari 4Mb STe, 520STFM (x2), 2.5Mb STF, Atari 2600JR, Flashback 8 Gold.
Hardware: Cumana CSA 354, Ultimate Ripper, Blitz Turbo, Synchro Express II (US and UK Versions).
viking272
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Fantasia STE Demo Music

Post by viking272 »

Its a different song to what you mentioned... as it is "In between Days" by The Cure. Its the full intro and cuts off as the vocals start and loops back to the beginning at 47 secs and also 1 min 32.
Cracking song!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=scif2vfg1ug
mlynn1974
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by mlynn1974 »

Brilliant! Thank you viking272. After nearly 30 years I finally know.
Still got, still working: Atari 4Mb STe, 520STFM (x2), 2.5Mb STF, Atari 2600JR, Flashback 8 Gold.
Hardware: Cumana CSA 354, Ultimate Ripper, Blitz Turbo, Synchro Express II (US and UK Versions).
viking272
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by viking272 »

I was in Halls of Residence at Uni and I showed someone this demo and they were a huge Cure fan. They told me the song. I borrowed their cd and was initially disappointed as the lyrics were very different to what i expected. But then I grew to love it. Someone once asked me to stop looping the CD and i blew them away by saying its a computer sample and they asked what was that?! There was also a demo called Orion and it contained an awesome instrumental song by Metallica (called Orion). I thought I can't like heavy metal, what will my friends and family think...but I did like it and still do...haha.
JezC
Atarian
Atarian

Post by JezC »

viking272 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:07 am I was in Halls of Residence at Uni and I showed someone this demo and they were a huge Cure fan. They told me the song. I borrowed their cd and was initially disappointed as the lyrics were very different to what i expected. But then I grew to love it. Someone once asked me to stop looping the CD and i blew them away by saying its a computer sample and they asked what was that?! There was also a demo called Orion and it contained an awesome instrumental song by Metallica (called Orion). I thought I can't like heavy metal, what will my friends and family think...but I did like it and still do...haha.
Ah, yes...I'm also a fan of that Metallica track (think I've got it on one of their best of albums).
I'm not sure many of their songs can really be called heavy metal nowadays (though I expect I might provoke quite a response by making such a contentious statement! ;))

Return to “Demos - General”