BeePi 2.0

WinSTon, Nostalgia, MSA Converter, FloImg, Makedisk and all the others.

Moderators: Mug UK, Moderator Team

Faucon2001
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: BeePi 2.0

Post by Faucon2001 »

Hi Brett,

Generally, this issue is linked to a faulty / non compatible SD card or a corrupted image.
Check that md5 is correct : MD5 (beepi.img) = aa38202122bf1b2fa43f4957f9ec556b
Try with a different SD card. The Sandisk ultra red seems to work well, not the grey ones.
Be sure to format the sd card in Fat32 before writing the image.
Philippe

Firebee, Falcon CT60, STE, BeeKey, BeePi.
My photography http://phil-67.deviantart.com/
EasyAraMint, BeeKey and BeePi https://sites.google.com/site/beebox68k/
BrettRogers316
Atariator
Atariator

Post by BrettRogers316 »

Faucon2001 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:55 pm Hi Brett,

Generally, this issue is linked to a faulty / non compatible SD card or a corrupted image.
Check that md5 is correct : MD5 (beepi.img) = aa38202122bf1b2fa43f4957f9ec556b
Try with a different SD card. The Sandisk ultra red seems to work well, not the grey ones.
Be sure to format the sd card in Fat32 before writing the image.
Hi,

Have tried again today to get BeePi working on a Pi400. But it just keeps on rebooting and going round in circles. I get to the desktop and it just reboots.

It's a brand new sd card, only just arrived today. I've checked the checksum and they both match.

I'm going to try it with my pi4 2GB model and see what happens.

Thanks,

Brett

EDIT: Works on pi4 2GB but not on the Pi400
BrettRogers316
Atariator
Atariator

Post by BrettRogers316 »

I have been doing some investigating and it appears that when in Emulation 1 mode, the Pi400 doesn't like it for some reason. However, switching to emulation 2 or 3, it boots with no problems. I don't know what it is that's not causing to boot in the standard emulation 1 mode but I get stuck in a boot loop with this mode and no way out of it other than to turn it off. So if using a Pi400 see if yiu can use a Pi4 to switch to a different emulation mode and it should run o the pi400 no problems.
robv
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by robv »

Excellent! Thanks very much!
Rob
engaged with Atari ST since 1987
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

BrettRogers316 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:12 pm I have been doing some investigating and it appears that when in Emulation 1 mode, the Pi400 doesn't like it for some reason. However, switching to emulation 2 or 3, it boots with no problems. I don't know what it is that's not causing to boot in the standard emulation 1 mode but I get stuck in a boot loop with this mode and no way out of it other than to turn it off. So if using a Pi400 see if yiu can use a Pi4 to switch to a different emulation mode and it should run o the pi400 no problems.
Is this something I could do with a written SD card via a Windows PC (using some form of Linux partition reading tool)?
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
BrettRogers316
Atariator
Atariator

Post by BrettRogers316 »

Mug UK wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:25 am
BrettRogers316 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:12 pm I have been doing some investigating and it appears that when in Emulation 1 mode, the Pi400 doesn't like it for some reason. However, switching to emulation 2 or 3, it boots with no problems. I don't know what it is that's not causing to boot in the standard emulation 1 mode but I get stuck in a boot loop with this mode and no way out of it other than to turn it off. So if using a Pi400 see if yiu can use a Pi4 to switch to a different emulation mode and it should run o the pi400 no problems.
Is this something I could do with a written SD card via a Windows PC (using some form of Linux partition reading tool)?

I've no idea. Somehow it works perfectly now. I reformatted the sd card a while ago and re-wrote the image to it and it booted up straight away with no problems. So I don't know what caused the problem.

One step that I did do when it first booted (the second time round) was after I followed the instructions for expanding the partition etc, I went to update the system option (not stated in the instructions to do it) it started to do the update but then it fails. After that it boots up no problem so I don't know if the update thing has enough of an update for it to work on the pi400.

The image itself ran perfectly on the Pi4 straight of of the box as it were with no update being performed.

It's a great way to experience the Atari especially like I did back in the day. I've since purchased a greaseweazle from Kier Fraser and am imaging the Family Curriculum modules that I had with the Atari. I know there are images out there already but I want to see if I can do it myself. I'm looking at getting some of my games back that I had back in the day from places like ebay. Getting my collection back together again.
Faucon2001
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Faucon2001 »

I am glad that you have found a solution. I don’t have a RPI400, so it was difficult to help.
Enjoy BeePi.
Philippe

Firebee, Falcon CT60, STE, BeeKey, BeePi.
My photography http://phil-67.deviantart.com/
EasyAraMint, BeeKey and BeePi https://sites.google.com/site/beebox68k/
Eero Tamminen
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by Eero Tamminen »

Different memory cards can take quite different amounts of power. That among with other components power usage, and a power source at edge of its capability, could also cause issues.

Return to “Other emulators & tools”