Aranym - Mint - MyAes and autofolders

WinSTon, Nostalgia, MSA Converter, FloImg, Makedisk and all the others.

Moderators: Mug UK, Moderator Team

Lostboysix
Atari User
Atari User

Aranym - Mint - MyAes and autofolders

Post by Lostboysix »

Hi all,

I am trying to setup aranym and having a hard time understanding the handlings of autoloading programs.
As it looks like I can autostart programs via the "mint.cnf" and also via the "myaese.cnf" in addition to the autofolder, but where are the differences?

Also I am trying to start clocky with each method, but on startup aranym is still complaining that clocky is missing.
Does anyone have a helful hint for me?

Thanks for your time!
Cyprian
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Re: Aranym - Mint - MyAes and autofolders

Post by Cyprian »

I use miniPack and Clocky is in C:\AUTO\ folder
Mega ST 1 / 7800 / Portfolio / Lynx II / Jaguar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
DDD HDD / AT Speed C16 / TF536 / SDrive / PAK68/3 / Lynx Multi Card / LDW Super 2000 / XCA12 / SkunkBoard / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Steem SSE / Aranym / Saint
http://260ste.atari.org
Lostboysix
Atari User
Atari User

Post by Lostboysix »

I have it there, too. But for some idiotic reason it isn´t loading.
OL
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by OL »

Lostboysix wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:36 pm Hi all,

I am trying to setup aranym and having a hard time understanding the handlings of autoloading programs.
As it looks like I can autostart programs via the "mint.cnf" and also via the "myaese.cnf" in addition to the autofolder, but where are the differences?

Also I am trying to start clocky with each method, but on startup aranym is still complaining that clocky is missing.
Does anyone have a helful hint for me?

Thanks for your time!
Hello

Auto folder and mint.cnf can't be gem program you can run gem program with "run" command, for TSR program need run before AES you can use runtsr
Auto folder is a bit more complex as start depend of the order you put software in the folder, I think some programs work correctly only before Mint start, other is better to start after Mint start.
Non gem application can be start in myaes.cnf with runtsr command, why use myaes.cnf, really have do this option long time ago because I have an Aranym configuration running several AES with selgem, some of this don't like Aranym fVDI (Multitos) or I not want start fVDI, this command was add to be able start VDI from MyAES, now I don't think there is real interest doing this in myaes.cnf, since I have add VDI load from selgem so I can have all configuration I want such have one MyAES configuration with fVDI and another without. So to resume, I don't think runtsr is useful anymore or perhaps if you use selgem and want start a special TSR with MyAES and not want with other.

Olivier
OL

Return to “Other emulators & tools”