Forked HxCMount

Everything related to using the HxC Floppy Emulator hardware on your Atari.

Moderators: DrCoolZic, mr.vince, Moderator Team

DaveTC
Atarian
Atarian

Forked HxCMount

Post by DaveTC »

I got bored and thought I'd add some features. Only been tested on my own STe, but you can now mount a hard disk image and still access the floppy image and external disk drive.

I take no responsibility for any data lost using this though!

https://github.com/deetzi/hxcmount
frost
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Forked HxCMount

Post by frost »

Thanks
My blog, mostly about Atari and demo stuff.
DaveTC
Atarian
Atarian

Post by DaveTC »

I've updated it, you can now enter an image name if you rename the .PRG file to .TTP. So you can now mount upto drive Q: with whatever images you like (part of the original code I should maybe fix it unless there's a way for programs to know they're running one of ppera's patched TOS ROMs.)

It's still restricted to 8.3 file names and they need to correctly padded with spaces leaving out the "."

I'll get round to writing a more robust cmdline parser later but for now it's at least functional.
pilzgift
Atarian
Atarian

Post by pilzgift »

DaveTC wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:36 pm I got bored and thought I'd add some features. Only been tested on my own STe, but you can now mount a hard disk image and still access the floppy image and external disk drive.

I take no responsibility for any data lost using this though!

https://github.com/deetzi/hxcmount
Hi there, I am a little stuck with that feature and maybe you could help me clear things up. No matter which HDD Image I use, I always end up with just the images file structure but every single program is corrupted. Even from the provided original image file. Any reason why that may be? For me the HD feature is completely broken and there is not a whole lot info to find about it. I'm using an atari 1040 4 mb with TOS 1.02.
DaveTC
Atarian
Atarian

Post by DaveTC »

I've only got access to machines with 1.04, 1.06/1.62 and 2.06. I've attached a blank 16Mb image as the image creation tools say you'll need TOS 1.04 for anything bigger than that due to the number of sectors.
If you wish to give this a try and copy things across from disk images and see how things go, I'm hoping it should work but I can't test it out myself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pilzgift
Atarian
Atarian

Post by pilzgift »

Sure will try that, thx.

Return to “HxC Floppy Emulator”