Art Director images (Mirrorsoft/Andromeda )

Post your requests for graphics for your demo / game here - or if you're searching for some old graphics you might have done on the Atari.

Moderator: Moderator Team

STLogger
Atarian
Atarian

Art Director images (Mirrorsoft/Andromeda )

Post by STLogger »

A decade ago I was working to remaster/reconstruct the Art& Film Director demo video I producer for US publisher Epyx. Which much of the video was animation, in a few spots it included Art Director images, images which I've never been able to locate. They came into my possession when I got the separate European editions of Art Director and Film Director, but any time I've found them one or two of the images are included, but not all of them. Albeit I have other images created with the product, for the sake of an accurate reconstruction I'd obviously prefer to get the exact same images, or as many of them as possible.

I suspect some might have been from a clip art accessory disc of some sort.

One key one was a landscape, I think maybe named "seasons.art" which cycled palettes to cycle through spring, summer, autumn and winter. This a a screen grab from a VHS of the original video.
EPYX Notions stills 13 Seasons.png
I'll post video grabs of the other images later. Hopefully someone might recognize one or more of the pictures as something they might have in their ST archives.

Here's the original open to the video, as captured from an emulator.

Click here to see it on YouTube.
Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 12.25.04 AM.png
Maurice
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rustynutt
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Art Director images (Mirrorsoft/Andromeda )

Post by Rustynutt »

Awesome work, and the road taken here, if I can get over constantly messing with the soldering iron:)

Past 2 years have been budget bingeing, or bingeing the budget building a analog video tape setup.

Found a low hour Panasonic AG-1980 SVHS Pro Line Desktop Editing deck to go with an old JVC SVHS-C camera. Last year fell (as in big bill) into a (for me) coveted Falcogen genlock for one of the Falcons.

Am not an artist by any stretch of the imagination. Nor a coder. Being both, with a Falcon in one's hand can turn out graphics unthinkable not many years ago.

But I'm old and talk too much now to learn those Tricks of the Graphics Gurus!

Back in the day, even the smallest video capture clips took forever to render onto moving 3d model faces, and linking them all together using Phase 4 from Lexicor.

Only other problem I can recall was using the included DXF to 3D2 (Rosetta?) converter with heavily multifaceted models. Solved that getting a Falcon Speed 286 board, and using the old DOS version of CADKEY to import/export files the Lexicor software could handle.

Also have an Expose video capture setup on the Falcon, and in talking with Dave Encil of Titan Designs back then, managed to wire up and capture direct RGB output from the Jaguar into Apex Media. Quality was superb. The splitter box utilized for the board, at least the NTSC versions were horribly problematic.
Sure there's more to be had :)

Remember the packages you've worked with. At the time, Computer Eyes and a 1040ST was my budget:)

Still keep a 3.2Gh P4 with an ATI All-In-Wonder AGP 9600 for NRT SV capture and scrubbing before moving files over to the Falcon via DVD.

So far have only worked with animation video on the Falcon. Even with the CT60, it's time consuming, with wheelbarrows full of satisfaction doing a major part of the hand work on the Falcon.

M_Player now is also invaluable, being able to incorporate codecs into video not easily done before, and surely not as efficient before the 68060 came into play on Atari.

Most all started wanting to back up 15 years of SVHS-C tape, 8mm home movies from the 50's and 60's (bought a Wolverine for that task), a few hundred cassette and 1/4" R2R of Mom and Dad's various bands over time. With them gone, and myself 65, seems a worthwhile endeavor.

Be fun watching you find lost memories.
STLogger
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Art Director images (Mirrorsoft/Andromeda )

Post by STLogger »

Here's a collection of a dozen pieces of clip art I am looking for; beyond the Seasons one above. Any of these look familiar to anyone? I have the Tiger one but without the text.
EPYX Notions stills MISSING.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Requests”