Steem Noob -> can't load programs...

A forum for anything about the STEem Engine STE emulator, comments, problems, bug reports etc. The current version is v4.0.2. All support queries should be posted on the SourceForge site.

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

mscott9494
Atarian
Atarian

Steem Noob -> can't load programs...

Post by mscott9494 »

I have installed steem and have the basic configuration up and running w/o issue.

I have downloaded some of the DR Ts music software and would like to be able to run them in my steem emulator. The downloads are zips which have the various files for a given program. I used MSAConverter to create a disk image from a zip, but when I load it into Drive A in steem and then attempt to "open" it - TOS says that the disk has no files...? What am I missing here? I have also attempted to "load" a folder with the files from the zip (the prg etc.) as an HD, which configures fine, but I don't understand how "run" the program... If I double click the prg file, nothing happens, or at least nothing that I want....

Do I have a bad program zip? That said, I have tried same with a few other zip files with the same results, so I am more inclined to think I am doing something boneheaded...

Thank you.
Last edited by simonsunnyboy on Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title correction on OP request
mscott9494
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Steem Noob -> can't load programs...

Post by mscott9494 »

That should be titled "Can't load programs..."

Return to “Steem”