RIP John Blakeley

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

viking272
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

RIP John Blakeley

Post by viking272 »

I lost contact with John over 12 years ago but sent a message recently to his many email addresses.
His wife replied back saying that unfortunately John had passed away in 2019 after a two year battle with cancer.

I'm not sure many people knew of John but he was positive, friendly and enthused energy for his tech.
He coded a number of small Atari applications and I believe he assisted in some areas of SpareMiNT too as he was a big fan of Linux.

I met him at one of the UK Atari show's (Osterley in London I think) in the late 1990s and then we used to meet in Reading and London at other computer events.

He was gifted technologist and had worked for the BBC putting many IT solutions together for their news and reporting - mostly around Linux.
I've got some nice wheat beers which I'll be toasting his life and friendship. :cheers:
DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: RIP John Blakeley

Post by DarkLord »

R.I.P...
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520
Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: RIP John Blakeley

Post by Atari74user »

Although I never knew him, a toast to John's life!
:cheers:
Atari Falcon 14mb, 68882, Dual 8gb CF, Steinberg FDI, Analog 8, GigaFile & CT60e
Atari Jaguar, Rotary controller, Skunkboard & Cat Box
Atari 520STFM 4mb, Exxos v2.2 Booster, TOS switcher, OverScan, UltraSatan, PARCP-USB, Unicorn-USB, System Solutions MiniS HD, SyQuest drives, ICD Link II, ADAP, ADAP II, ADAS-ST, SoundPool MO4, Steinberg MIDEX, SMPII, Emagic Log 3, C-Lab Unitor 2, Combiner & Export expanders

Return to “News & Announcements”