Good news for Atari Portfolio Users

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

rcamp48
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Good news for Atari Portfolio Users

Post by rcamp48 »

My IDE Kit prototype was finished 6 months agoo, but I have been waiting for at least that long for the finished Atari Portfolio Modded Parallel interface, Don finished it this afternoon and should have assembled the interface by now, at least he said he would do it and I could pick up the whole thing tomorrow afternoon.

I have pictures to show you all of this exciting event, first the finished Parallel interface circuit board, then the 3 different pictures of the finished prototype of the IDE kit.

What I will be doing is getting Don to extend power from the interface for the prototype and the IDE to CF card adapter that goes into the IDE connection power port, and make it compact. No need for a separate power supply a video of it in operation , working or not will be made by 5:00 PM EST my time in Canada.

I will be running extensive tests on both the adapter and the prototype tomorrow , and if it works, the order for 25 custo cuircuit boards will be designed and placed by Don to get the ball rolling. I have ssource code and executables for all of the software that has been used, so I will upload it tomorrow as well.

Russ campbell
parallel interface.jpg
89365964_10219548316551459_1043272840670871552_o.jpg
89256315_10219548317751489_4775586441503703040_o.jpg
89093584_10219548318431506_2769201595982807040_o.jpg
There you all go, thing of it a portable CF card adapter to run 30,000 Atari Portfolio files all in the same CF card. Tomorrow afternoon I will let you all know the results , good or bad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now supporting Atari Portfolio , my archives are still being maintained.
BBS is now up again as an Atari BBS, run on PC, cause I sold everything but my Atari Portfolio.
Note: Atari Portfolio IDE CF kits are being made. bUt has been put on hold due to prototype problems
Note that my BBS is back online with Win-server 8.0454.8 at telnet://christfollowersbbs.ca and https://christfollowersbbs.ca
AndresPlaza
Atariator
Atariator

Re: Good news for Atari Portfolio Users

Post by AndresPlaza »

Looks exciting!

So, your idea is to make the Parallel-CF adapter, but each user will have to supply their Portfolio Parallel adapter, and modify it?

Keep us posted.

Andres.
gavinlew
Atarian
Atarian

Post by gavinlew »

Hi

Have these been made available at all ?
Mr.JT
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Mr.JT »

Anyone know what happened to this project? Sounded like it was basically complete last year? I followed up directly (as I'd helped fund the prototype) but not heard anything. Totally understand these things take a long time and might fail, but just curious as sounded from the above as if the results were simply a day away!
---------------------------------
14Mb 32MHz 4GB HD Falcon 030 with 19" LCD, STBook, Atari Portfolio, 2 x 4Mb STe, 1 x STFM, Lynx, Jaguar and JagCD. And maybe a new-school VCS if it actually exists...?

Return to “News & Announcements”