10p6 wrote:Here is a 3D model render of a new project I am working on.
Ok, I took a closer look at the design and have some comments.
1. It is very similar to my DDD case, but appears to be around 10mm taller. That's good, the DDD case is just as tall as the original case which is a bit too tight IMO.
2. The CD slot. Opening the CD will be a bit tight, and may even conflict with the keyboard case you've designed. Also, is CD something that will be used today? It was OK for backup purposed back in the day, but nowadays most users will use ethernet, PARCP-USP or CF/SD for these things. Maybe a more generic slot would be better, preferably with the same height as the floppy drives. Personally I would have made a panel with power, 030/060-switch, reset-button and an SD-slot for my Falcon/CT60.
3. Keyboard connector. Since this case is taller than the original there is space for a keyboard connector on the back. I don't like connectors on the front of the case, just too easy to damage. And it doesn't look very good IMO. Also, keep the right side free of connectors, this makes the case more mouse friendly. That's the only thing I hate about the STM case, the mouse/joystick connectors prevents you from placing the floppydrive next to the computer.
4. The Fuji on the top looks a bit tacky I think
5. Floppy drive on the front panel is a good idea, although I don't think many will have two drives. That's not even possible on the Falcon I think. But good to have a choice, and the second drive bay can be used for other things.