Looking for someone to record Atari ST and Atair 8-bit music (will pay)

All about chiptunes

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

xeenmusic
Atarian
Atarian

Looking for someone to record Atari ST and Atair 8-bit music (will pay)

Post by xeenmusic »

I'm seeking someone to make some high-quality recordings of the music (48hz WAV/FLAC) for a few older games of the Might and Magic and Phantasie series for an archive I am working on with some of those who composed the music. We want to ensure that the actual original hardware is used and recorded from. (I understand the emulation scene. We don't want to use emulation, but the authentic system/hardware.) The games do not have much music and I have saved games and/or hacked images to easily get to each location for recording if necessary. I am willing to pay for the time invested.

Needed games/systems:

Atari 8-bit
* Phantasie 1 - one title theme
* Phantasie 2 - one title theme

Atari ST
* Phantasie 1 - one title theme
* Phantasie 2 - one title theme
* Phantasie 3 - one title theme, plus some jingles
* Star Command - three short themes

Apple IIe
* Might and Magic 1 - about 1 minute of music (though this version may not actually have any music)
* Might and Magic 2 - about 1 minute of music
* King's Bounty - about 1 minute of music

(We're also looking for help with recording from a few obscure Japanese machines, that I doubt anyone here has, but here there are just to be safe -- FMR-50, FM Towns, PC-88, PC-88VA, FM-77AV, PC-98)

Thank you in advance for any interest and help.
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Looking for someone to record Atari ST and Atair 8-bit music (will pay)

Post by 607 »

48Hz :lol:
In all seriousness, I only have an Atari STE and don't trust my recording setup enough to do this; it clips sometimes. I hope you find what you want! Those other systems are rather obscure indeed, good luck with that. 8O I assume there were other systems too that you already got?
AdamK
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by AdamK »

You might look here: http://sndhrecord.atari.org/
Atari: FireBee, Falcon030 + CT60e + SuperVidel + SvEthlana, TT, 520ST + 4MB ST RAM + 8MB TT RAM + CosmosEx + SC1435, 1040STFM + UltraSatan + SM124, 1040STE 4MB ST RAM + 8MB TT RAM + CosmosEx + NetUSBee + SM144 + SC1224, 65XE + U1MB + VBXE + SIDE2, Jaguar, Lynx II, 2 x Portfolio (HPC-006)

Adam Klobukowski [adamklobukowski@gmail.com]
dma
Atari God
Atari God

Post by dma »

I could record the ST tracks from the real machine as i do for the tracks of mine i put on soundcloud (Mega-ST as source, M-Audio Firewire Audiophile interface as recording interface).

I would then need the exact SNDH file and subtune number, or each game disk image and the way to get to the tune (hoping it doesn't involve playing the game, for time reasons), and the recording duration needed for each track.
I would record those as plain line-in volume, you could then do the amplification or compression you would like, i leave it to you. The tracks would also be cut at the duration mentioned, you'd do the fade out and all.

You tell me.
xeenmusic
Atarian
Atarian

Post by xeenmusic »

dma wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:30 am I could record the ST tracks from the real machine as i do for the tracks of mine i put on soundcloud (Mega-ST as source, M-Audio Firewire Audiophile interface as recording interface).

I would then need the exact SNDH file and subtune number, or each game disk image and the way to get to the tune (hoping it doesn't involve playing the game, for time reasons), and the recording duration needed for each track.
I would record those as plain line-in volume, you could then do the amplification or compression you would like, i leave it to you. The tracks would also be cut at the duration mentioned, you'd do the fade out and all.

You tell me.
That sounds good to me. I will email you from the email address on your website.
The music from the games can be easily reachable from the start of the games. (Most of them have a simple title theme.)
For Star Command ST, I hacked game images.
xeenmusic
Atarian
Atarian

Post by xeenmusic »

Thanks to dma, who took care of all the Atari ST work for me.
I still need the Atari 8-bit and Apple2e games. Is there anyone?

Return to “Ym rockin'”