Help with Texel - How to create charts?

All about the serious stuff.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

1200XLMULE
Atarian
Atarian

Help with Texel - How to create charts?

Post by 1200XLMULE »

I've been trying to make a line chart in Texel but cannot get the OK button enables.

Suppose I have dates in column A, with A1 being the text string "Date". Dates range from 01 Jan 1990 to 10 Jan 1990.

Suppose I have values in column B, with B1 being the text string "Val1". Values are any number between 1.0 and 2.0.

I select the range A1:B11, click on Insert->Chart, and start working through all the options.

Is my dataset invalid? How can I tell?

Thanks!
arf
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Help with Texel - How to create charts?

Post by arf »

1200XLMULE wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:12 am I've been trying to make a line chart in Texel but cannot get the OK button enables.

[…]
I select the range A1:B11, click on Insert->Chart, and start working through all the options.

Is my dataset invalid? How can I tell?
Do you have Artworks installed? Is OLGA installed? Both are needed, as Texel doesn’t contain an own implementation of chart drawing. Artworks does the vector work, and OLGA functions as a object linking bridge between the two.
1200XLMULE
Atarian
Atarian

Post by 1200XLMULE »

Thanks for the reply!

No, I do not have either installed. It looks like I have some Google hunting ahead of me. :)

Can you offer me some tips where I can find these programs? I should mention I am running Texel on a STe.

Thanks again!
arf
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by arf »

1200XLMULE wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:20 am Can you offer me some tips where I can find these programs? I should mention I am running Texel on a STe.
You should be able to find Artworx links here in this forum. OLGA is OpenSource
1200XLMULE
Atarian
Atarian

Post by 1200XLMULE »

Oh, oh! That didn't come up in my Google search. Thanks for the link! I will try installing this tonight.

I clicked around the site a little bit and saw a link called "Adapted Software". That page lists ArtWorks! Unfortunately, that specific link did not work. :(
stormy
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by stormy »

1200XLMULE wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:41 pm Oh, oh! That didn't come up in my Google search. Thanks for the link! I will try installing this tonight.

I clicked around the site a little bit and saw a link called "Adapted Software". That page lists ArtWorks! Unfortunately, that specific link did not work. :(
Here you go m8: https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=32323
Falcon CT60e 060 - 256mb ram - Phantom bus and DSP accelerated // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - Lightning VME - USB LAN - ATI Mach64 2mb
gstoll
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Post by gstoll »

1200XLMULE wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:41 pm I clicked around the site a little bit and saw a link called "Adapted Software". That page lists ArtWorks! Unfortunately, that specific link did not work. :(
You can still buy ArtWorx:
https://www.ashshop.biz/diverses/atari/grafik-video/
ThorstenOtto
Atari God
Atari God

Post by ThorstenOtto »

gstoll wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:18 pm You can still buy ArtWorx:
And you still can buy Texel there, too :D
1200XLMULE
Atarian
Atarian

Post by 1200XLMULE »

Very cool! Kind of interesting to see the English language pages don't have a section for Atari software but the German language pages do.

Those price don't look unreasonable. Honestly, I wouldn't mind paying for an all-in-one Texel package that has ArtWorx, OLGA, etc all integrated. Fonts would be nice but not super critical.
AtariX
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by AtariX »

Hello! Note that you also need a multitasking system for Texel to generate charts in a smooth and integrated way from ArtWorx over OLGA. I use Geneva with Jinnee on my side, and Texel is able to generate graphs.

Return to “Applications”