WebOne: browsing by proxy

All about the serious stuff.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

Reylan
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: WebOne: browsing by proxy

Post by Reylan »

Rustynutt wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:54 am Been going through phone bookmarks of Atari or other sites of interest, Netsurf surprisingly compatible. On a 200mhz CT60, be almost livable :)
200mhz ct60 ??? How ?
Rustynutt
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Rustynutt »

Reylan wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:10 pm
Rustynutt wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:54 am Been going through phone bookmarks of Atari or other sites of interest, Netsurf surprisingly compatible. On a 200mhz CT60, be almost livable :)
200mhz ct60 ??? How ?
Said in jest :)
Noticed last night CPU load was only about 23% (CT60 @80mhz/SV) while the browsers were attempting to load atari-forum. Get a few failure messages across the desktop when a page seems to take forever to load. Imagine the browsers are stalled at that point. For the sake of speed, maybe whatever those features are (didn't note them), may be better to remove them from the Atari build (Netsurf).
Rustynutt
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Rustynutt »

I'm not real PC smart (or Atari for that matter), do know leaving ports open on a PC can make it vulnerable. The PC I'm using also is heavily firewalled as it serves as a tax machine, shipping lable purchases, PP and so much stuff to consider doing so.
Do have a P4 3ghz but runs XP for ATI AIW capture. Maybe I need a Mac too :)
TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Post by TheNameOfTheGame »

Discussing proxy browsing, has anyone tried tenox's WRP Web Rendering Proxy? It uses the proxy to render the web page into an image along with a clickable map to allow legacy browsers to surf the web. It looks promising. I wonder if it would work with CAB?

https://github.com/tenox7/wrp

Return to “Applications”