WEB PAGE: Apollo Vampire V4+ running EmuTOS

Other FPGA systems, e.g. Turbo Chameleon.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

Moulinaie
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

WEB PAGE: Apollo Vampire V4+ running EmuTOS

Post by Moulinaie »

Hi all,

I am starting to write a page about the V4+.
Dedicated to Amiga emulation, it can run EmuTOS, Freemint and lot of Atari software (thanks to great programmers Olivier Landemarre, Vincent Rivière and others...)

v4.jpg
Here is the link (page both in french and english):

https://gtello.pagesperso-orange.fr/vampire.htm

I show my setting and you can download some specific stuff.

Guillaume.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
czietz
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: WEB PAGE: Apollo Vampire V4+ running EmuTOS

Post by czietz »

Very good work and nice presentation. Thank you! This will surely get more people interested in running EmuTOS on their V4SA. Please just make sure that people can get the source code for all "inofficial" modifications to EmuTOS that you do.

PS: Builtin EmuTOS support for colored desktop icons will most likely come with the next release.
Moulinaie
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Moulinaie »

czietz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:42 am Very good work and nice presentation. Thank you! This will surely get more people interested in running EmuTOS on their V4SA. Please just make sure that people can get the source code for all "inofficial" modifications to EmuTOS that you do.

PS: Builtin EmuTOS support for colored desktop icons will most likely come with the next release.
In the archives, you'll find the ASM source code for every program I write.

Nice if color icons comes with EMUTOS !

Guillaume.
TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Post by TheNameOfTheGame »

Very nice website and detailed description of the V4+. It's a good device, just wish it supported ST/Falcon games. Since It does Amiga games it should be able to do it.
Moulinaie
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Moulinaie »

TheNameOfTheGame wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:21 am Very nice website and detailed description of the V4+. It's a good device, just wish it supported ST/Falcon games. Since It does Amiga games it should be able to do it.
I think that lot of games write directly in the hardware registers for speed reasons.
Amiga registers are correctly managed, but not the Atari ones.

A firmware modification would be necessary.

Guilaume.
ThorstenOtto
Atari God
Atari God

Post by ThorstenOtto »

I think a better solution would be to write a resident program that does the job, and provides the XBIOS functions (similar to ZMAGXSND). That way, almost every program could benefit from the sound system, without any changes.

Apart from that, i can only also ask to release the source of the modifications. I can't see any updated fVDI version for example. Also the MAPROM.PRG that you mention on your WebSite was done by me, not OL.
Moulinaie
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Moulinaie »

ThorstenOtto wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:19 am I think a better solution would be to write a resident program that does the job, and provides the XBIOS functions (similar to ZMAGXSND). That way, almost every program could benefit from the sound system, without any changes.
Sure, that's the goal.
M_PLAYER was "the test" to understand how it works.
Sources are available.
ThorstenOtto wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:19 am Apart from that, i can only also ask to release the source of the modifications. I can't see any updated fVDI version for example. Also the MAPROM.PRG that you mention on your WebSite was done by me, not OL.
I have seen the fVDI sources and I don't understand them at all. "C" language, tons of files, makefiles, various folders.... This is far from my way of coding.

Sorry for the MAPROM ! I misunderstood what I heard, I correct that immediately!

Guillaume.
ThorstenOtto
Atari God
Atari God

Post by ThorstenOtto »

Moulinaie wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:10 pm "C" language, tons of files, makefiles, various folders.... This is far from my way of coding.
Thats' possible :) But that's not the point. Not making the (modified) sources is not only counter-productive (there aren't that many developers left for Atari at all), but also a violation of the GPL. Especially since they are used for a project that is otherwise closed-source, and for which not much information is publicitly available. Not your fault of course.
Sources are available.
Hm seems to be missing from the current archive. But i've seen them before, ~800k of assembler source, which is far from my way of coding :D
Moulinaie
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Moulinaie »

ThorstenOtto wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:39 pm Thats' possible :) But that's not the point. Not making the (modified) sources is not only counter-productive (there aren't that many developers left for Atari at all), but also a violation of the GPL. Especially since they are used for a project that is otherwise closed-source, and for which not much information is publicitly available. Not your fault of course.
I am not the author of those modifications. I can't give the sources...
ThorstenOtto wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:39 pm Hm seems to be missing from the current archive. But i've seen them before, ~800k of assembler source, which is far from my way of coding :D
Even on a real TT, those 800kB assemble in 10 seconds. Why should I split my source?
I am sure that it would be slower to split the source! I just assemble and don't have to link to get some OBJ together.

Guillaume.
mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by mikro »

Moulinaie wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:49 pmI am not the author of those modifications. I can't give the sources...
Unfortunately, you are violating the license nevertheless. You are publishing ("distributing") the binaries and you can do so only in case you provide also source code (with Vampire modifications) for fvdi.prg & others.

(and yes, I understand it wasn't you who decided not to publish the source code... but the GPL is very clear on this)
Moulinaie
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Moulinaie »

mikro wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:09 pm
Moulinaie wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:49 pmI am not the author of those modifications. I can't give the sources...
Unfortunately, you are violating the license nevertheless. You are publishing ("distributing") the binaries and you can do so only in case you provide also source code (with Vampire modifications) for fvdi.prg & others.

(and yes, I understand it wasn't you who decided not to publish the source code... but the GPL is very clear on this)
Ok, I understand.
Programs FVDI+Drivers are removed from my site.

Guillaume.
Moulinaie
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Moulinaie »

ThorstenOtto wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:39 pm
Hm seems to be missing from the current archive. But i've seen them before, ~800k of assembler source, which is far from my way of coding :D
I added at the bottom of my page how to program the sound on the first 4 channels of the Vampire.
So you don't have to read my whole source code!

Guillaume.
Moulinaie
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Moulinaie »

Hi,

I have added the tool to set time and date of the RTC from the DESKTOP :

v4_setrtc.jpg
It also sets the GEMDOS time!

Source code is available in FORTH + ASM. The program is called V4SETRTC.PRG.

See at "Real time clock" section here:

Guillaume.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
penguin
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by penguin »

Moulinaie wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:27 am Here is the link (page both in french and english):

I show my setting and you can download some specific stuff.
Is the EmuTOS patch Vampire specific? It doesn't do anything with Hatari's Falcon emulation + EmuTOS 1.1.1. Starts, doesn't complain, everything appears as before.
AtariUpToDate - Atari ST/TT/Falcon software database and version tracker: https://www.atariuptodate.de
ST-Computer magazine - https://www.st-computer.org/

Return to “Others”