PC core released!

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

slingshot
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: PC core released!

Post by slingshot »

DanyPPC wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:32 pm Ah, ok.

But I think I have to install a driver for that.
https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.p ... 83#p419683

Make Ironman Off Road start:
Search for 75 F8 CB in game.exe, replace with 90 90 CB (JNZ ..., RETF to NOP, NOP, RETF). (DOS Navigator has a great hex editor)
Cause:
This routine test for [40]:40 to zero (but sets it to 1 before). It's in the BIOS data area, and should be decremented by the BIOS timer ISR, as it represents a disk motor timeout counter. Another solution could be to add the required decrementation to the BIOS code.
naidhev
Atarian
Atarian

Post by naidhev »

Hi all
this core is truly remarkable

I've been enjoying for a long time all the great cores being developed and ported to the Mist, it's really unbelievable how much value this little device is producing ..thanks to all who take part of this wondaful magic - you spread happiness in the world :D :D

the PC core is really a dream come true for me. I've been trying forever to get older games run the way they should - the oldest machine I have is a pentium3 667 MHZ and so old games really require software slowing down\cache disable and stuff like that. it never works quite well

as for this core I was able to get it to run with dos and adlib + Disney sound source together - works flawlessly in the games I tried :cheers:

I couldn't get the mouse to work at all - no matter what driver I use . it loads the driver but mouse is not responding

and most importantly I couldn't get any of my CRT monitors to work with it. I have ViewSonic E71F and Acerview 34TL .. the ViewSonic did turn on a green light but nothing shown on screen.
guidol
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by guidol »

slingshot wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:53 am [http://cutemouse.sourceforge.net/
with cutemouse v2.1beta4 it loads the driver for a PS/2 Mouse.
The included Test-Programm MouseTst from cuteMouse can use the mouse (does show Text-Pointer and is useable)
BUT it doenst work in MSD or EDIT :(
(Tested with my Logitech K400 combined Keyboard/Touchpad)
retrofun
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by retrofun »

Mouse didn't work here, too.

These additions to the MiST firmware make things better for me: https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-firmware/pull/74

* cutemouse unload/load works
* MSD works
Televicious
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Post by Televicious »

Works amazing on my A1962 CRT. No mouse troubles either. Tossing my dumb dell monitor into my lame hardware pile. Runs Caverns of Kroz a wee bit fast even at 1/4 speed, but totally playable. I hope a joystick can be added and that would be all I would change. Bustin through the catacomb 3d series now. :D
robinsonb5
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by robinsonb5 »

Televicious wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:43 am Works amazing on my A1962 CRT. No mouse troubles either. Tossing my dumb dell monitor into my lame hardware pile.
For those who've had monitor-related problems, I believe it's due to the core using composite sync. Slingshot's going to change that for the next release - but in the meantime adding "csync_disable=1" to your mist.ini should help.
(I say "should" because there's some mysterious quirk about my setup which means it ignores the option!)
paultheg33k
Atarian
Atarian

Post by paultheg33k »

robinsonb5 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:00 pm For those who've had monitor-related problems, I believe it's due to the core using composite sync. Slingshot's going to change that for the next release - but in the meantime adding "csync_disable=1" to your mist.ini should help.
(I say "should" because there's some mysterious quirk about my setup which means it ignores the option!)
That fixed it for me, now working! Cheers!

PC
naidhev
Atarian
Atarian

Post by naidhev »

robinsonb5 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:00 pm For those who've had monitor-related problems, I believe it's due to the core using composite sync. Slingshot's going to change that for the next release - but in the meantime adding "csync_disable=1" to your mist.ini should help.
this worked for me too ,thanks a lot! :D
frubem
Atarian
Atarian

Post by frubem »

Hello Guys. First of all I'd like to thank to everyone involved in porting this core to mist.
I have some questions
Is it possible to run windows 3.0 on this core ?
if it is the case what are the configurations in autoexec.bat and config.sys

Thanks for your help

Rubem
Televicious

Post by Televicious »

robinsonb5 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:00 pm
Televicious wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:43 am Works amazing on my A1962 CRT. No mouse troubles either. Tossing my dumb dell monitor into my lame hardware pile.
For those who've had monitor-related problems, I believe it's due to the core using composite sync. Slingshot's going to change that for the next release - but in the meantime adding "csync_disable=1" to your mist.ini should help.
That solved my main issue too. Thanks! Dragging my dell screen back from the grave pile. On another video issue though i fired up all the cat3d games. As soon as they get into 3D view the bottom 2/3's of the screen goes black. Must be some 3D ega issue with the vga card in there. Might be similar to the svga patch issue for commander keen 4. It runs all cat3d games super smooth, but only the tops of the screen.

Also, oregon trail and sim city the text is all just static noise looking. Indy3 gives a divide by zero error with adlib enabled, but works with pc speaker.

On a good note though samnmax and dott run minus speech amazingly well.
slingshot
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by slingshot »

frubem wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:04 pm Is it possible to run windows 3.0 on this core ?
Probably it's possible in real mode.
Televicious

Post by Televicious »

slingshot wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:13 pm
frubem wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:04 pm Is it possible to run windows 3.0 on this core ?
Probably it's possible in real mode.
Mine froze up when installing himem.sys maybe have to run the installer in real mode too.

Return to “MiST”