I made a clone of the export interface...

Somewhere to chat about MIDI music creation, sequencers and related hardware

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

motosega
Atarian
Atarian

I made a clone of the export interface...

Post by motosega »

recently i made a clone of the c-lab export midi device that plugs into the serial port and gives you three extra midi outs.

it's basically a reboot of bjorn julin's tellutone design, so thanks bjorn. it's still the same basic design as the original c-lab export, with all its compromises,

i have ordered 10 boards with the smd components already assembled, and i will solder on the THT components myself.

they have already been made and are on the way to italy with the cheapest shipping available from china.

i designed a 3d printable box too, but i'll wait until i know that the hardware works as intended before printing any.
Atari Export_3d2.png
Atari Export_3d.png
atariExportCase_back.png
atariExportCase_front.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Re: I made a clone of the export interface...

Post by charles »

I wish STeem the emulator while running Cubase clab etc
would communicate and permit configuration so could use an extra midi port on my pc

thus allowing a adaptor and yours or any cartridge/rs232 port devices to be utilized.
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!
motosega
Atarian
Atarian

Post by motosega »

Hatari seems to have serial port support, I will try it when I get the boards.
dbsys
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by dbsys »

motosega wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:11 pm recently i made a clone of the c-lab export midi device that plugs into the serial port and gives you three extra midi outs.
Thanks for doing this. Great work.

Let us know how it goes when you have checked the boards.

Do you intend to sell any of these? I suppose the answer will be yes.
motosega
Atarian
Atarian

Post by motosega »

Thanks! This project is partially just me making one for myself, partly me learning how to do design for manufacture, and the idea that I can sell a few to make up for the time and costs makes the whole thing seem worthwhile.

Assuming this batch works I'll definitely sell 8 of them, and keep two for myself, but if there is demand then I will make more.

I'm not sure how much I will charge yet, but it will be less than a used c-lab export from eBay.
dbsys
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by dbsys »

motosega wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:32 pm Thanks! This project is partially just me making one for myself, partly me learning how to do design for manufacture, and the idea that I can sell a few to make up for the time and costs makes the whole thing seem worthwhile.

Assuming this batch works I'll definitely sell 8 of them, and keep two for myself, but if there is demand then I will make more.

I'm not sure how much I will charge yet, but it will be less than a used c-lab export from eBay.
Thanks! Keep me posted, please.
motosega
Atarian
Atarian

Post by motosega »

Sure I'll post here when the arrive!
motosega
Atarian
Atarian

Post by motosega »

The pcbs arrived, and they seem to be fine, apart from a minor error that can be fixed with a few jumper wires.

but unfortunately it seems that my ST has a problem with the DTR and RTS lines on the serial port, so i can't test them properly until i get my hands on another ST.

Return to “MIDI Software and Hardware”