Cubase 2 experts... increase or decrease the velocity of all notes in a part?

Somewhere to chat about MIDI music creation, sequencers and related hardware

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

siriushardware
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Cubase 2 experts... increase or decrease the velocity of all notes in a part?

Post by siriushardware »

Playing around with Cubase 2 last night, I ran into a situation where I wanted to adjust the actual velocity value of all the notes in a part by the same amount, so, in Grid Edit, I did a 'select all' and then proceeded to adjust the velocity level of one of the selected notes, hoping that the velocity level of all of the other selected notes would increase or decrease by the same amount. Of course, it wasn't that intuitive and only the velocity of the individual note adjusted up and down.

I know that for each 'part' there is an individual control panel which can be called up and a velocity modifier applied, either more or less, and also an overall MIDI volume level can can be set for the part as well.

For reasons too complicated to explain I want, instead, to modify the actual recorded velocity values of the selected notes in the part, either -
- By modifying them all simultaneously upwards or downwards by amount 'x'
- By simultaneously setting the velocity of all selected notes to the same specific velocity.

Is it possible to do either or both of these operations?

How? (ST Cubase 2.0).
LOWPULSE
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Cubase 2 experts... increase or decrease the velocity of all notes in a part?

Post by LOWPULSE »

'Transpose/Velocity...' in the 'Functions' menu.
siriushardware
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Cubase 2 experts... increase or decrease the velocity of all notes in a part?

Post by siriushardware »

Thanks, I will look into that. In the late 80s / early 90s when I used the ST as my main computer (including for MIDI) I used to know all of those small things but they all seem to have vanished from my head now.

The ST is still my main machine for MIDI but I don't do as much of that as I used to.
vinz6751
Atari User
Atari User

Post by vinz6751 »

You can also use the Logical edit, then you can set a fixed value or do arithmetic operations on the velocity value (or anything else).
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Post by charles »

cant you select your region then use transpose /velocity from pull down menu?

or use a logical edit to save user made configuration to adjust velocity .....
or under version 3 not certain if exist in v2 input transform
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!

Return to “MIDI Software and Hardware”