Floppy Disk Stream Image Repository

A forum about Atari protected floppy disks analysis, preservation, emulation, tools

Moderators: DrCoolZic, Brume

kodak80
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Floppy Disk Stream Image Repository

Post by kodak80 »

It has been a bit quiet here recently, so I have just added my own dumps to the repository for:

Speedball [KF-SCP]
Speedball 2 [KF-SCP]
Switchblade [SCP]
Supercars 2 [KF-SCP]
Super Breakout [SCP]
The Addams Family [Ocean] [KF-SCP]

Anyone wishing to share their dumps for inclusion in the repository. Please read the initial post by DrCoolZic or PM me for my dropbox link and I can then move them in.
STF Remake H4/H5 | Atari Falcon 030 | Atari 1040 STE | Atari 1040 STFM | Atari 1040 STF | Greaseweazel, Kryoflux & Supercard Pro Flux boards | MiniCosmosEx
Creator of the ST Action & Atari ST Review magazine archive: https://www.chillichai.com
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

I'm going back through mine but this time testing them on a 1040STE and making sure I don't waste time by imaging up corrupted disks. Plus it gives me a pile of disks to test the write back of working images :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
kodak80
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by kodak80 »

Good work with dumping your collection. In the meantime I have added Atari Arcade Classics (Kryoflux and SCP dumps) from mine to the repository.
STF Remake H4/H5 | Atari Falcon 030 | Atari 1040 STE | Atari 1040 STFM | Atari 1040 STF | Greaseweazel, Kryoflux & Supercard Pro Flux boards | MiniCosmosEx
Creator of the ST Action & Atari ST Review magazine archive: https://www.chillichai.com
dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Post by dlfrsilver »

Mug UK wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:42 am I'm going back through mine but this time testing them on a 1040STE and making sure I don't waste time by imaging up corrupted disks. Plus it gives me a pile of disks to test the write back of working images :)
Mug, dirty disks simply need a clean up. just dump the disks that are ok, and then come back later on the games giving troubles.
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !
Mikerochip
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Post by Mikerochip »

Speaking of cleaning, has anyone used an ultrasonic cleaner on dirty floppy disks?
kodak80
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by kodak80 »

Mikerochip wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:42 pm Speaking of cleaning, has anyone used an ultrasonic cleaner on dirty floppy disks?
I have not seen any mention of anyone ever doing this. Might be a bit harsh on the magnetic media surfaces and may have an effect on the glue holding the metal hub in place? If you test it, would recommend on a disk that is already dumped/preserved by others just in case.
friijy2001
Atarian
Atarian

Post by friijy2001 »

Was directed here by a moderator on the facebook group...hello!

Just going through my collection and managed to get the settings sorted :)
Last edited by friijy2001 on Sat May 01, 2021 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
kodak80
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by kodak80 »

friijy2001 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:05 am Was directed here by a moderator on the facebook group...hello!

Just going through my collection and managed to get the settings sorted :)
Welcome.

Any contributions are welcomed to add to the repository.

If you would like to add dumps, please either use my dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/DTUu6HMB7ojWWK4xjhjS

and I can check and transfer your dumps over. Or read the original post to request access from DrCoolZic.

Any questions regarding dumping your disks, please feel free to ask. :D
kodak80
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by kodak80 »

Just added Battzlezone dumps (Kryoflux and SCP) to the repository:Battlezone [KF-SCP] (KDK).7z
Battlezone.raw.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
troed
Atari God
Atari God

Post by troed »

While our site has a different purpose, stream images (.SCP) for various disks can be found at https://sync.wtf/archives/

(Please note that the purpose is preservation of disks "as is" - no manual inspection is done. If someone requests a specific disk cleaned and re-ripped I might be able to do that though)

regards,
Troed
npomarede
Atari God
Atari God

Post by npomarede »

Great idea, especially the automatic screenshot / directory display when hovering the mouse :D
Mikerochip

Post by Mikerochip »

I scanned my 520 STE Discovery Xtra disk/manual box, btw :)

https://archive.org/details/Atari_Disco ... tariST_Box

If anyone wants it!
NonToXIC
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by NonToXIC »

I'd just like to extend my thanks to everyone for sharing. You're doing an amazing job to preserve our favorite system and its software. I have my SCP already but it turns out all original games I have have already been imaged.
520 STFM w/ 1 MB RAM and tons of floppies with Automation menus on them. What joy!
1040 STFM
Mikerochip

Post by Mikerochip »

NonToXIC wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:35 pm I'd just like to extend my thanks to everyone for sharing. You're doing an amazing job to preserve our favorite system and its software. I have my SCP already but it turns out all original games I have have already been imaged.
There's no harm in having multiple copies!

maybe some of yours are different versions? or, are better quality!

I say, image away! And then upload :)

You really can't have too many backups :P
kodak80
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by kodak80 »

NonToXIC wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:35 pm I'd just like to extend my thanks to everyone for sharing. You're doing an amazing job to preserve our favorite system and its software. I have my SCP already but it turns out all original games I have have already been imaged.
We welcome having multiple dumps of games so please send them through as some dumps in the repository are still not tested.

I have now added:

Afterburner [Kryoflux and SCP]
Asteroids de Luxe [SCP]
Back to the Future II ( [ImageWorks1990] [SCP]
Cannon Fodder [Kryoflux and SCP]

my own dumps to the repository. :D
dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Post by dlfrsilver »

kodak80 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:46 am
We welcome having multiple dumps of games so please send them through as some dumps in the repository are still not tested.

I have now added:

Asteroids de Luxe [SCP]

Let's have a look at that.
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !
dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Post by dlfrsilver »

Guys, anyone of you has an original version of Super Hangon 2 disks version for ST ? I need to make a differential from a dump i got submitted.

thanks !
Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

Post by Brume »

dlfrsilver wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:25 pm Guys, anyone of you has an original version of Super Hangon 2 disks version for ST ? I need to make a differential from a dump i got submitted.

thanks !
Here it is:
https://mega.nz/folder/eVMGXLxb#IQyRrYIet2ywcWqvcS7tfw
Looking for a CosmosEx unit for Falcon...
kodak80
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by kodak80 »

dlfrsilver wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:22 pm
kodak80 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:46 am

I have now added:

Asteroids de Luxe [SCP]

Let's have a look at that.
Thank you for the IPF files for these KF dumps. :D
dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Post by dlfrsilver »

Brume wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:37 pm
dlfrsilver wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:25 pm Guys, anyone of you has an original version of Super Hangon 2 disks version for ST ? I need to make a differential from a dump i got submitted.

thanks !
Here it is:
Perfect. Your dump is clean and not modified :)

However, it shows that Steem fails the disk change recognition. But Hatari makes it works correctly.
Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

Post by Brume »

dlfrsilver wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:05 pm
Brume wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:37 pm

thanks !
Here it is:
Perfect. Your dump is clean and not modified :)

However, it shows that Steem fails the disk change recognition. But Hatari makes it works correctly.
No problem on my side with Steem. It detects the disk change and the game works fine. Maybe an issue with the version of Steem you use?
Looking for a CosmosEx unit for Falcon...
dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Post by dlfrsilver »

I use Steem 4.0.2
npomarede
Atari God
Atari God

Post by npomarede »

dlfrsilver wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:05 pm However, it shows that Steem fails the disk change recognition. But Hatari makes it works correctly.
Hi
just to know, which version doesn't work in steem (and work in Hatari) ? The CTR ? The STX ?
Nicolas
dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Post by dlfrsilver »

I use currently Hatari v2.3.1.
npomarede
Atari God
Atari God

Post by npomarede »

dlfrsilver wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:07 pm I use currently Hatari v2.3.1.
I meant, which floppy dump doesn't work in Steem/work in Hatari ? (not the Hatari version)

Return to “Floppy Disk Preservation”