FireBee - Easymint 1.90

All things related to the Atari Coldfire Project

Moderators: Mathias, Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], Galvez, Moderator Team

jury
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

FireBee - Easymint 1.90

Postby jury » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:38 pm

I want to install Easymint 1.90 for FireBee. I tried 2 different CF cards so far ( 8GB Kingston and 32GB Ultra Sandisk ) and have no success. On 32GB Sandisk I tried installation 3 times and 3 times installation gets stuck at the beginning during unzipping phase ( easymint.zip or xaaes.zip ) Searching the forum I found one post ( if I'm not wrong from user Galvez ) who wrote that his installations were also getting stuck during unzipping and changing CF helped. So then I tried 8GB Kingston and its a little bit better, unzipping goes fine and the first phase of installation gets complete so the machine reboots to go into the second phase when the unix stuff is installed. But the reboot does not complete, it hangs during starting MiNT with a mess on the screen ( as seen below )
Those CF cards were prepared in gparted tool as couple of fat16 partitions ( first one around 450MB or 950MB other ones 950MB or 1900MB ) + one big ext2 partition for the rest of CF capacity.

Any clues? Do I have to do anything specific to run Easymint on Firebee or its just unluck that those 2 CF cards are not working properly with FB?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vido
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: FireBee - Easymint 1.90

Postby vido » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi Jury,

I think there is a possibility that your ext2 partition is corrupted. Jut try to copy some files to it to try to fill it.
If there is no error then partition is ok.

frank.lukas
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: FireBee - Easymint 1.90

Postby frank.lukas » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:04 pm

Try to replace the old 1-19-cur MiNT/XaAES packages with a new one ...
fancy Atari Musik anDA Dance "Agare Hinu Harukana" 1998 ATARI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX10fxb5eYE

Social Media

Return to “FireBee”