KWEST Public Domain discs are being copied

All discussions about the Atari 8bit range of machines.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

rcamp48
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

KWEST Public Domain discs are being copied

Postby rcamp48 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:58 am

:D :megaphone:
I I am nearing completion of copying all of that incredible find that my friend made, ,the KWEST library, KWEST stands for Kitchener Waterloo Atari Eight Sixteen Thirtytwo, an Ata r users group from the mid 80s till the mid 90s, it was based in my home town of Kitchener Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. I have been copying both sides as they were flippies, using my new Xformer cable and Darek Mihocka's Quick Transfer Utility 1.5 on my Atari Mega ST4, and my 1050 disc drive. I just picked one up in excellent condition and there is only 3 bad disks out of 125 disks. know its slower than an SIO2USB device, but I have yet to receive mine. I will uploAd them all later on today in both XFD and ATR formats, some 200'images, that will be 400 images if I uploAd both formats. Also included is the KWEST library disk from April 90, I assume the last date that KWEST put out 8 bit disks before they went ST. Send me replies if Yuri want I will still be online until 8:30 Eastern time. Russ
Call Spy Visits Spy BBS at Telnet 99.250.141.63
port 1989. BBS is up and running , but not all of the bugs ironed out. :megaphone:

rcamp48

Re: KWEST Public Domain discs are being copied

Postby rcamp48 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:37 am

Here is the complete KWEST library for anyone that wants it, along with an index, note that I am redoing it in order, all disks have been renumbered, the original order nwas kept as much as possible, but some of the missing numbers hve been filled, I will archive them all tonight, and do an index that is compatable with the disk numbers, but for now here is the old zip file for those who want it right away, along with an index of some sort.
Russ

https://mega.nz/#F!0EMEWKZT!cKBohmrvsRW2trBU4toc3w
Call Spy Visits Spy BBS at Telnet 99.250.141.63
port 1989. BBS is up and running , but not all of the bugs ironed out. :megaphone:

Social Media

Return to “The Atari 8bit corner”