Arcade ROM Builder & Injector GUI

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

Paradroid
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Arcade ROM Builder & Injector GUI

Postby Paradroid » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:40 pm

Has anybody managed to inject the Japanese Donkey Kong Rom into the RBF, that level selection on the USA Version is all wrong.

rsn8887
Atariator
Atariator

Postby rsn8887 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:56 pm

Will this download the required external data from MiSTer repositories, or does the user have to do that by hand?

mutmuthux
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby mutmuthux » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:59 am

rsn8887 wrote:Will this download the required external data from MiSTer repositories, or does the user have to do that by hand?

You supply the rbf's and the roms!
It makes a fat .rbf with roms jammed in.

nakedarthur
Atari User
Atari User

Postby nakedarthur » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:23 pm

You don't have to inject the roms if you don't want to. Unfortunately the rom definitions file is pretty out of date with all these new games coming out now. I was meaning to keep up with it but real life has been hectic this year to say the least. I was hoping it could be a community effort, but I don't know if there's any interest (plus many other tools out now).

Also, I mentioned earlier quite a few new features have been added since the last release. I will get it out soon!

--------------
- added verified romset display
- added md5 display
- added basic tag system with filter
- added rbf data to database so file doesnt need picked

I also want to add a monitor orientation filter so people playing on CRTs can see which work with their layout.

MrSunshine
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby MrSunshine » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:22 am

First of all, thank you so much for this tool! It has simplified things so much!

I'm using a merged MAME set, though, and there are placed where things don't seem to line up correctly. In particular, it won't create a rom for Galaga, because I don't have the galagamw file, even though (presumably) whatever thing it needs is inside my merged galaga.zip somewhere? Any way around that?

Thanks for your work on this! It's awesome!!

nakedarthur
Atari User
Atari User

Postby nakedarthur » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:22 pm

I am actually retiring the tool since Mister now supports MRA files that remove the need for pre-building ROMs. If you update to latest you can just place your MAME zips inside a mame folder. See this video for more details on how it works. For some reason I can no longer update the first post to add this information :/

Regarding Galaga, it is one of the games that will give everyone a hard time. I think the creator used an old ROM version or something as its hard to get it to match up correctly. My only advice is to search for the zip name and try various ones.

Return to “MiSTer”