https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

NML32
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: "MiSTer PC Engine CD & TurboGrafx-CD Begins"

Postby NML32 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:18 pm

djmartins wrote:
aristogeiton wrote:Very excited about this!

https://github.com/brNX/TurboGrafx16CD_Mister

:cheers: :cheers:

Considering the size of the CDs and how many other files I have on my main card this core using the secondary SDcard would be great.

You could run from an external USB hard drive or mount a CIFS share.
I run all my files from my NAS. :D

djmartins
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby djmartins » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:40 pm

NML32 wrote:You could run from an external USB hard drive or mount a CIFS share.
I run all my files from my NAS. :D

I am using a 128Gb sdcard and might have to resort to that considering the frequency of new cores
being added.
BEST RETRO SYSTEM EVER

Jdogg23
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Jdogg23 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:17 pm

Sega cd and pce cd would be so awesome. There are so many great games on each. I wonder why it is so hard to develop cores for the cd consoles?

aristogeiton
Atarian
Atarian

Postby aristogeiton » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:48 pm

Sega cd and pce cd would be so awesome. There are so many great games on each. I wonder why it is so hard to develop cores for the cd consoles?

cd drive emulation and in the case of mega cd, custom hardware.

seastalker
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby seastalker » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:47 pm

I keep looking for updates on any start to CD games on the MiSTer, but now it seems the github link is dead? I've been holding off on the expensive SD version for my real NEC hardware in hopes of this. I'd love the TG16/PC-Engine mini consoles to surprise everyone and really take off to numbers that get Analogue to REALLY notice.

brNX
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby brNX » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:16 pm

seastalker wrote:I keep looking for updates on any start to CD games on the MiSTer, but now it seems the github link is dead? I've been holding off on the expensive SD version for my real NEC hardware in hopes of this. I'd love the TG16/PC-Engine mini consoles to surprise everyone and really take off to numbers that get Analogue to REALLY notice.

Hi

I deleted the github repo, due to different reasons I lost interest, at least for now.
I believe ElectronAsh may have been doing some work on it but has been busy with other stuff, you can follow his github repo.

Cheers

seastalker
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby seastalker » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:30 pm

Please forgive my ignorance on who is the creator of the current PC Engine CD core work. Will the source code eventually be out there for others to pick up if the interest otherwise stagnates?

brNX
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby brNX » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:36 pm

seastalker wrote:Please forgive my ignorance on who is the creator of the current PC Engine CD core work. Will the source code eventually be out there for others to pick up if the interest otherwise stagnates?

check out reedsolomon's links in the first page

kitrinx
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby kitrinx » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:39 pm

seastalker wrote:Please forgive my ignorance on who is the creator of the current PC Engine CD core work. Will the source code eventually be out there for others to pick up if the interest otherwise stagnates?

If you want to work on this, go ahead and do so. Nobody is currently working on this in a capacity that will ever see it finished.

ReedSolomon
Atariator
Atariator

Postby ReedSolomon » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:16 am

https://github.com/ElectronAsh/TurboGrafx16_MiSTer

Hewhoisred
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby Hewhoisred » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:42 pm

ReedSolomon wrote:

https://github.com/ElectronAsh/TurboGrafx16_MiSTer

Just to reiterate what Kitrinx said:

Kitrinx wrote:If you want to work on this, go ahead and do so. Nobody is currently working on this in a capacity that will ever see it finished.

ElectronAsh has not made a commit to that Github in months now. He has many projects and is very busy. If someone is inclined to see this happen and has the motivation and capability to do it, they should go for it.

seastalker
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby seastalker » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:59 am

I certainly have zero complaints with any FPGA project and love checking on the updates. I see ElectronAsh's github shows preliminary work on cores for Jaguar(!), CPS1, GBA and MIDI devices. That is exciting. I have zero experience in core creation and hope one day I will have the time to delve into it.

Return to “MiSTer”