VME "Lightning" and external graphics card: cover support.

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

Atarieterno
Atari God
Atari God

VME "Lightning" and external graphics card: cover support.

Postby Atarieterno » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:28 pm

Hello;
I already published the construction of a cover where to screw in the VME slot of the Mega STe or TT the USB ports of the VME device "Lightning"; Now I have obtained a graphic card and obviously it is necessary to modify the support cover to accommodate both devices. Here I show my artisan solution:

The plastic of the USB ports must be reduced so that they fit over the VME-ISA adapter.

VME - 01.jpg

VME - 02.jpg

The construction of a cover for the VME slot I explained in the previous post, it is not necessary to repeat it now.

VME - 03.jpg

And this is the final result. Now I just have to buy a box to house the external graphics card.

VME - 04.jpg

These are the two caps, one is for Lightning and maintains the serial port, another is for Lightning with external graphics card and the serial port is deleted because it does not fit (it does not matter, there are two others serial ports in the computer).

Tapas Lightning y VME card.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: VME "Lightning" and external graphics card: cover support.

Postby mikro » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:47 pm

While this is a nice solution, I'm still waiting for somebody to try a more advanced version - to mount the card into the hard drive bay and make a hole for another VGA output into the USB / RS232 "strip". In my initial measurements it should be possible, I even have all the parts needed (like longer ribbon cables, vga extender etc) but haven't had courage to do it yet.

Bikerbob
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: VME "Lightning" and external graphics card: cover support.

Postby Bikerbob » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:47 pm

mikro wrote:While this is a nice solution, I'm still waiting for somebody to try a more advanced version - to mount the card into the hard drive bay and make a hole for another VGA output into the USB / RS232 "strip". In my initial measurements it should be possible, I even have all the parts needed (like longer ribbon cables, vga extender etc) but haven't had courage to do it yet.

I am interested and agree mikro that I would like to get it all in the box.. especially since there is now that open space where the HDD once was.

James

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”