Wanted: PLCC68 ITT Cannon socket

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

Quickie
Retro freak
Retro freak

Wanted: PLCC68 ITT Cannon socket

Postby Quickie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to find a PLCC68 ITT Cannon socket for my STF MMU socket which is currently damaged and seems quite difficult.

I've seen exxos socket adaptor, but I would prefer to mantain the motherboard original if possible.

I found one site to have it, but despite doing a request I had no response from the admin.

Does anyone have a spare unit that could sell me?

Thank you

czietz
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: Wanted: PLCC68 ITT Cannon socket

Postby czietz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:20 pm

Even though they are currently listed as "out of stock" on his site, you could ask Chris (Exxos) if he has some -- sockets, I mean, not adapters.

Then, this shop claims to sell them: http://atari.team-yankee.net/pages/atar ... e/shop.php. (Or was this the site where you asked without success?)

Quickie
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby Quickie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi czietz,

Thanks for pointing out that Chris could have some.
I'll contact him.

Yes, that is the site, but as I was unsure if I could post the address I prefered to omit it.
I even found that the admin is a member of this forum and sent him a pm, but couldn't contact either.

Cheers

Quickie
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby Quickie » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Hi,

Finally bought a Exxos socket adaptor. The ITT Cannon socket price was out of my budget.
Although this solution is not a straight replacement (involved playing around a little bit trimming pins, soldering), proved to work flawlessly, so very happy to save another st :)

czietz
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby czietz » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:41 pm

Quickie wrote:Finally bought a Exxos socket adaptor. The ITT Cannon socket price was out of my budget.

Good to hear that you found a solution. I see that Exxos now has a few sockets in stock in his store, although of course the adapter is less pricey.
Did the owner of the Black Cat Hardware store ever get back to you? I saw that he was active on this forum again in the last few days.

troed
Atari God
Atari God

Postby troed » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:30 pm

(I bought two sockets from Black Cat without issues back in February)

Quickie
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby Quickie » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:12 pm

czietz wrote:
Quickie wrote:Finally bought a Exxos socket adaptor. The ITT Cannon socket price was out of my budget.

Good to hear that you found a solution. I see that Exxos now has a few sockets in stock in his store, although of course the adapter is less pricey.
Did the owner of the Black Cat Hardware store ever get back to you? I saw that he was active on this forum again in the last few days.

Hi,

Thank you. Yes, Chris restocked ITT Cannon sockets, but their cost + package was noticeable higher than his adaptor.

Regarding Black Cat, no, didn't have any reply from him. I even wrote him a pm here, hope everything is ok.

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”