All things related to the Atari Coldfire Project

Moderators: Mathias, Mug UK, [ProToS], moondog/.tSCc., Galvez, Moderator Team

Bengy
Retro freak
Retro freak

Missing FireBee

Postby Bengy » Wed May 30, 2018 12:03 am

Hey Atari world -

I pre-ordered my FireBee what must be two years ago (I'm patient) and have not received anything yet - unfortunately communication seems to have went silent. I typically wouldn't have posted this publicly but my last few emails have went unanswered. Any idea who I can contact about this -- still interested in getting back into the scene!

acsi
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: Missing FireBee

Postby acsi » Wed May 30, 2018 4:42 am

Hi

Which email address were you using?

I found Mathias helpful with this address

acpinfo@atari.org

I also had communication from them on

mcs@kingx.com

This was in August last year so things may have changed?

vido
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby vido » Wed May 30, 2018 5:54 am

Hi Bengy,

There are huge problems with firebee,org mail server. I believe you cant reach Mathias via email.
He is still here you just have to find the way to reach him.

ldv-01
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby ldv-01 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:02 am

Try also the acpinfo@atari-home.de email address

Bengy
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby Bengy » Wed May 30, 2018 8:08 pm

Thanks everyone, I was using acpinfo@atari.org -- that address seems to be vacant as of late. I'll try the atari-home one. Excited to one day get my FireBee!

dhedberg
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby dhedberg » Wed May 30, 2018 11:06 pm

There's an update regarding the shipping of FireBees on their web site: http://firebee.org/fb-bin/news?action=f ... 496&lng=EN

At the end it reads:
- "The customers who have been waiting for their FireBees more than 2 years now, will be contacted reliably by us soon and can expect to receive their devices in the coming weeks and months."
Daniel, New Beat - http://newbeat.atari.org. Like demos? Have a look at our new Falcon030 demo MORE.

mfro
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby mfro » Thu May 31, 2018 5:45 am

to my knowledge, Mathias is currently unable to receive mails as the FireBee accounts are on the move to a different mail service right now.

Please try to send him mail next week again.

jvas
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jvas » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:34 am

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Mathias » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:21 pm

Ok guys:

1.) Everybody who preordered will get his/her FireBee! The machines are waiting for you and get shipped the upcoming weeks and months. Also Bengys machine is waiting for him. ;) And for the records, we are shipping all the time, slowly but steadily. For example last week another machine arrived in Canada, or 3 months ago the 3rd woman who ever ordered a Firebee got her machine.

2.) It is not "Mathias", it is a project issue! The mailserver problems are there as the IT-guys of the project cannot configure the mailserver correctly, and thus we are again and again at (few) blacklists. So I am writing tons of mails that simply go straight into your spamfolders, or worse get directly discarded by your servers. Also the redirect from atari.org to our server is not configured correctly. Even when it worked for years, the SPF which is needed nowadys to not get on blacklists is not configured correctly. Note; we receive all your mails, but you sometimes don´t read our answers.

Sadly our non commercial efforts did not work, and there are not enough competences for getting the linux machine up as it should. So I decided 2 weeks ago, that the situation is worse enough to move the entire firebee.org mailsystem to a commercial mail-provider. I hope that the transition is done by end of next week. Of course I will inform you as soon as we are finished. In the meantime, check your spamfolders, when you expect a mail form the project!
Additionally atari-home.de cancelled all mail-services with the end of May (most likely because of the new european DSGVO). So you cannot reach the project anymore by the former fallback mailadress acpinfo at atari-home.de! It is gone for 3 days now, like I wrote at the mailinglist (ldv, you should know this!).

So please use acpinfo at firebee dot org to contact us.

And please do not contact Medusa Computer Systems/Fredi Aschwanden directly! It is complicating the process again, as I do all the office work, and Fredi has no overview about the preorders and the past communications with you (even if all 74 ACP members/contributors have in theory all the access and informations to take over my tasks at any time, or read along or answer your mails).

Any more questions?
MegaST 4 with Sounddesigner II MegaBus hardware and 56001, Hades 040, MagiC Mac at Mac OS 9 and a FireBee.

SledDog
Atarian
Atarian

Postby SledDog » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:09 am

Bengy, I was in the same boat, I had put my deposit down in 2016, and I was able to get in touch with Mathias and he got mine shipped out to the U.S. I also had some email troubles back and forth. I'm glad he made contact here.

If it's any reassurance, Mathias has operated with integrity and transparency. Hang in there you will get your machine and it is worth the wait. I believe (arguably,) it has it's place in Atari ST history.

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Mathias » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:11 am

SledDog, thanks for your real kind words! I am happy that my tries to treat people all over the world sometimes get recognized exactly like I intended. New mailsystem is up and running, and there should not be any communication issues anymore (btw, as a lot of our adresses and telephone numbers are published at our website and they of course worked all the time, I just got 2 calls and one postcard over the years *g*).

See the other thread for the news about our new email server.
MegaST 4 with Sounddesigner II MegaBus hardware and 56001, Hades 040, MagiC Mac at Mac OS 9 and a FireBee.

edingacic
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby edingacic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:55 pm

Mathias you are in Vienna let me come out from Linz and pick one FireBee that I never preordered :) LOL. So how many machines have you made and delivered? I am new to FireBee I don't even know everything about it. What is the wait time for someone learning today about FireBee and getting one... months? Years?

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Mathias » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:29 pm

edingacic, I will never hand over my personal FireBee to you! ;)
They are are produced by Medusa Computer Systems in Switzerland not by me (so I just have my own one). The software is done in Open Source ways by anybody who likes to put spare time into the project. I am just the crazy guy who has a front-row seat ;)
You should give me a call if you like to know more, it might be a lot more easy than writing here at the forum.

For the Rest of you, Linz is an Austrian City 170km from Vienna which is my city.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:08 pm

oh man... I had 7 hours of layover in Vienna few months back. Visited the nice St. Stephen's Cathedral, Rathaus and shopping mall walkway, but still can't waste that 7 hours. So went back to the airport and spent 2 hour surfing. Should have brought my Fb to flash to the lastest firmware.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

Social Media

Return to “FireBee”