Local Sellers for MiSTer Expansion Boards

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

robfish
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Local Sellers for MiSTer Expansion Boards

Postby robfish » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:45 pm

Other then jimdrew's website is there any other website to purchase a sdram from? I bought all the parts and i'm having trouble with soldering the ram chip. I have a better soldering iron coming today so i might have success.

Will7046
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Will7046 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:25 am

Hello,

I would love to purchase a SDRAM board from someone if anyone has any available. I'm in the US. Please PM if anyone can assist in this.

Thanks for your time

Edit: found a seller, thank you
Last edited by Will7046 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

huh123
Atarian
Atarian

Postby huh123 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:52 am

In the US. Just looking for all the parts of the IO board. Willing to put it together myself. Send me an email for how much for this, please.

Gamepimp
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Gamepimp » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:05 pm

JimDrew,

Any time frame on when your new "all in one" I/O board might be available? I'm debating whether I should buy SDRAM when it becomes available again or wait for that. Also, does the heat sink you sell have thermal tape on the bottom? Sorry I can't PM you with these questions as I just joined this forum.

HeroOfTheDay
Atarian
Atarian

Postby HeroOfTheDay » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:08 pm

Received my IO Board and SDram today from Jack Burton. Everything seems to work great. Loaded up some NES games and am just blown away with the quality of the MiSTer. Can't wait to see what is to come over the coming months/years.

JackBurton
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby JackBurton » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:14 am

HeroOfTheDay wrote:Received my IO Board and SDram today from Jack Burton. Everything seems to work great. Loaded up some NES games and am just blown away with the quality of the MiSTer. Can't wait to see what is to come over the coming months/years.

Thanks for the kind review!

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:10 am

Gamepimp wrote:JimDrew,

Any time frame on when your new "all in one" I/O board might be available? I'm debating whether I should buy SDRAM when it becomes available again or wait for that. Also, does the heat sink you sell have thermal tape on the bottom? Sorry I can't PM you with these questions as I just joined this forum.

I am looking at around 3 weeks before DE-10 Super Expansion board is available. Yes, the heat sinks that I sell have the thermal conductive adhesive. Just peel off the protection layer and stick it on top of the FPGA. Just be careful! It's a permanent adhesive so you need to make sure it is straight! The adhesive fully cures once it has heat the first time.
I am the flux ninja

azazel1125
Atarian
Atarian

Postby azazel1125 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:29 pm

Has anyone got I/O boards in Europe for sale?

sanedu
Atarian
Atarian

Postby sanedu » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:57 am

Hello all.

Just wanted to say that I bought a "Complete MiSTer DE10 nano AIO" from ricardosaraiva (his link is on the OP) and that I give him the best feedback possible :)

Excellent build quality, super silent fan :angel: , always available to answer my questions. Highly recommended! Will definitely buy from him again, if I ever need some more parts.

huh123
Atarian
Atarian

Postby huh123 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:58 pm

<removed>

LeKrang
Atarian
Atarian

Postby LeKrang » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:42 am

Hello everyone!

So I was watching My life in gaming yesterday and saw SmokeMonster on there talking about MISTer.
I had already seen people talking about it in forums but didn't pay too much attention.
After researching extensively on it since last night I am glad I caught that livestream.
It really seems like a promising project compromised of passionate devs and hardware wizards.

First off, thank to all of you who are providing this service for newcomers and putting in so much time and effort to make this project successful.
It's especially helpful for those of us out there that don't have the soldering skills or know how, and who don't want to wait for the factory mass produced boards to hit the market. I want to play around with MISTer now :)

I am assuming the influx of new people these recent videos have generated must be causing you some headaches and lots of work.
Sorry about that.

I would like to buy some expansion boards and I am willing to wait.
I will be getting my DE10-NANO for Christmas so I am not in a hurry.
I can pay now for a preorder without any issue.

I would like to get these :

XS 1.1 SDRAM board
RTC 1.3 board
Fully Populated IO Board 5.5 with fan (ideally a noctua NF-A4X10 or similar quality)

Optional, if service is provided : A case to put it all in ?

I live in Canada, so I need someone who is willing to ship here.
I don't mind paying a premium for shipping.

Thank you!

314ter
Atarian
Atarian

Postby 314ter » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:21 am

Hello all,

First of all, a big thank you to Sorgelig who made the MiSTer possible, and also to all the other devs and addon board builders in this community.
I fully stand by what @LeKrang so eloquently said in the above post.

I've been interested in the MiST for over a year now, but until now I never actually "dared" to go for it. Then I learned that MiSTer had arrived and the enthusiasm of all people involved infected me and I ordered the Terasic DE10-Nano.

I read on the MiSTer Github page that addon boards are needed, to run for instance the NES or ao486 core. In that case an I/O board with fan and an SDram board.

I do not have soldering skills or equipment, so I will have to depend on what people are willing to sell. I would like to buy:
- An XS 1.1 SDRAM board
- A (fully Populated) IO Board 5.5 with fan

Since I cannot send PM's on this site because I am a new member, this post looks like the only way to put my question out here.

An alternative to the above 2 boards, seems to be an AIO I/O board from @ricardosaraiva. (I have sent him an email through this site, but I am not sure he has read or received it, since it is not a PM). I was happy to notice in his post, that part of his profits are donated to development of MiSTer.
Maybe someone here has any experience with this board?

To summarize:
If people here are willing and able to offer me the sdram and IO board with fan (or the AIO alternative), or could put me into contact with someone who can, I would be very grateful.

I live in the Netherlands.

Thanks!

randyvicious
Atarian
Atarian

Postby randyvicious » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:28 am

Hi All,

I am really pleased in finding this project through the ETA PRIME and SmokeMonster youtube channels.
Already own a FPGA 1chipmsx (bought it years ago in japan) and have to say its cool but unfortunately that project got discontinued.

So suuuper excited for this fpga project since it's all fresh and lively.

So i also have the same problem in finding a seller for the XS 1.1 SDRAM board because i cannot send private messages out yet because of being a new member.

Could anybody point me in the right direction on how to send a message out to a european seller that is willing to ship to Amsterdam, The Netherlands? Or maybe can contact me by private message?

If it's more interesting shipping wise i'm also willing to go for other boards if available.

Please advise,

Best regards,

Randy

LeKrang
Atarian
Atarian

Postby LeKrang » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:59 pm

First off, thank to all of you who are providing this service for newcomers and putting in so much time and effort to make this project successful.

I would like to buy some expansion boards and I am willing to wait.
I will be getting my DE10-NANO for Christmas so I am not in a hurry.
I can pay now for a preorder without any issue.

I would like to get these :

XS 1.1 SDRAM board
RTC 1.3 board
Fully Populated IO Board 5.5 with fan (ideally a noctua NF-A4X10 or similar quality)

Optional, if service is provided : A case to put it all in ?

I live in Canada, so I need someone who is willing to ship here.
I don't mind paying a premium for shipping.

Thank you!

Hey everyone!
So Jack Burton offered to make the IO board and SDRAM board for me. Thank you very much, it is very much appreciated.

So I am now looking for someone who coul make me a RTC board and USB HUB.

If anyone is selling these and willing to ship to Canada please let me know. Thank you!

arithmaldor
Atarian
Atarian

Postby arithmaldor » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:34 pm

I have some IO 5.5 kits available (7 left), these include all parts and a PCB, includes fan and heatsink with thermal tape.

https://tinkerplunk.myshopify.com/produ ... -5-5-board
$18

kanawish
Atarian
Atarian

Postby kanawish » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:56 pm

I'm looking to purchase an assembled SDRAM and IO board. DM me, thanks!

jpeich
Atarian
Atarian

Postby jpeich » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:30 pm

Hi, looking forward purchasing sdram slim module. I am from Spain. PM me please.

Krzysw
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Krzysw » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:59 am

New to the forum. Looking to buy MiSTer expansions boards:

xs Sd Ram module
IO board
USB daughter board

All shipped to Hong Kong.

Thanks!

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:55 am

I have SDRAM boards back in stock again.
I am the flux ninja

sweetlilmre
Atarian
Atarian

Postby sweetlilmre » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi

I'm looking for:
[list=][*]SDRAM XS version 1.1[*]IO Board 5.5[/list]

Shipped to South Africa and via courier (not standard postal services as SA is still recovering from a postal strike).
I'd like to keep costs reasonable and so, if the inclusion of an IOBoard hikes the courier price up, then I'd be happy with just the RAM to get going.
From previous conversations I'm assuming that Europe is the only viable source cost wise.

Thanks
-(e)

gojira54
Atarian
Atarian

Postby gojira54 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:57 pm

I've still got a couple of SDRAM XS left, registered post to South Africa would be £8.50 or £16.50 DHL O_o
Last edited by gojira54 on Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scralings
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Scralings » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:57 pm

Looking for an I/O Board in U.S. P.M. me if I can get in a waitlist please.
Thanks!

Edit: Got a PM and ordered from http://arcadeforge.net/Mister-Projects:::74.html

Can’t wait!!!!

314ter
Atarian
Atarian

Postby 314ter » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Found an IO board on eBay (I believe it to be sold by a member on this forum) but...

still looking for an SDRAM board! Looking for a (european) seller that is willing to ship to the Netherlands.
@Gojira54, do you still have one available? And can your board achieve clock rates of 160/167MHz?

I don't know if sending me an PM works, because I'm new to this forum, but sending me an e-mail through this forum should work I think?

Thanks!

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:51 pm

I am out of SDRAM boards and fans again. I do have RTC boards and heat sinks. I will have more fans on Monday. I probably won't be producing anymore SDRAM boards since the Super Expansion Board will take the place of the I/O, SDRAM, and RTC boards.
I am the flux ninja

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Sorgelig » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:47 pm

JimDrew wrote:I probably won't be producing anymore SDRAM boards since the Super Expansion Board will take the place of the I/O, SDRAM, and RTC boards.

not everyone needs all boards. Only SDRAM is required and users can save the money buying just SDRAM board.

Return to “MiSTer”