CosmosEx and Bluetooth PS3 Controller

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

Sowden
Atari freak
Atari freak

CosmosEx and Bluetooth PS3 Controller

Postby Sowden » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:59 pm

Hey guys. So I have been doing some looking into connecting a PS3 controller to a bluetooth dongle with a Raspberry Pi Model B. The controller works when I plug it in with a USB cable, but I am wondering if it would work with a bluetooth dongle I stole from my PC. The instructions says that it works with the Pi. But most instructions I find are specifically for Raspbian. I'm wondering if there is any coding or drivers to get it to work with the CosmosEx. I am not very verse in coding for the Pi, so does anyone have any knowledge to chime in? Thanks.

kolli
Atari User
Atari User

Re: CosmosEx and Bluetooth PS3 Controller

Postby kolli » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:35 pm

Which Version of PI do you have in your CE? At least since PI 3B there is integrated Bluetooth.
And the (latest) CE software is Raspbian based.
So, just try it out, I suggest.

Sowden
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby Sowden » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:11 pm

I have a old model (CosmosEx first sold model) B with two USB ports. It doesn't have bluetooth installed internally. And sorry I misspoke. All instructions online are for Retropie installations. There are these videos that explain how to download specific drivers that are required to download.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4K3h4CIJwA

This video in particular shows how to work with a 8bitdo controller, but its basically the same. But I don't think that CE runs off of Retropie so I don't think it would have this install. I will try sitting down with it today, but I don't think it will work.

kolli
Atari User
Atari User

Postby kolli » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:53 pm

Retropie is also only a Raspbian...
But if you are using first generation CosmosEx you probably have Yocto instead of Raspbian based software. Could be a Problem...
Get yourself another micro SD card, put Raspbian based CE software on it, Stick in your Bluetooth Dongle, ssh into your CE and perform the steps for pairing.

Sowden
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby Sowden » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:20 pm

Yeah your right, I was using the Yocto version. I got out the SDcard and got Raspian (working with Jessie) CE working. But I still am stuck at the point where I don't know how to pair with the bluetooth dongle. I have found these articles listed below but all of them seems to have some error message that makes it not work. I need some clear instructions on how to pair it in the Raspian command prompt.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... p?t=137018
https://www.piborg.org/blog/rpi-ps3-help

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”