Steem SSE 3.9.4 was released on 30/11/2017.
- Dongles: Jeanne d'Arc (French).
- A DirectDraw build of the Boiler is now available.
Option 'Alt YM2149 emu' (MAME-like PSG emulation) moved to sound page.
Option 'Machine/Wake-up' is now persistent (and the default is STE
demo-friendly as requested).
v3.9.4 Emulation improvements
- CPU: STOP timing and behaviour (Audio Sculpture, thx ijor, npomarede and
v3.9.4 Bugfixes / Refactoring
- Can recover from a BLIT ERROR and from 6301 crash in some cases.
- Video rendering of STE hscroll with normal borders (We Were "distorter").
- Sound: STE DMA sound in 16bit mono.
Pro Sound Designer in 16bit (Wings of Death, Lethal XCess STF).
- CPU: RTE check new PC for crashes.
BTST timing (Phaleon/Chaotic Motion Interferer).
- GLUE: Timer B in shift mode 0 or 1 on a monochrome display (Audio
No left border and no-prefetch hscroll (Hard as Ice)
- FDC: Only type 1 commands can be changed while the drive is spinning up
(Froggies Over The Fence).
Run commands even if current drive isn't connected (Audio
- WD1772: Negate motor line on reset (Audio Sculpture SCP - undoubtly the star
program of this release if you see all the fixes it caused).
Reload first rev at first opportunity (Turrican SCP 2 revs).
- MFP: Reading a timer when it just looped (Froggies Over The Fence back to
menu after disk 2).
Make MFP timer latency one cycle longer (Sadeness on STF WU1).
- 6301: Mouse movement in high resolution and when the ST is much accelerated.
Option C1 compatible with non-English keyboards and key combinations.
EDIT: the wrong build (64bit) was set as default in sourceforge yesterday.