Xenon 2: Reloaded
- add: shop completed: bitmap glasses (do nothing, just cool), advises, Crispin’s hands motions, various messages in communication window, animated « ? » for ‘too expensive item’, sounds…
- fix: missing Z letter in comm font’s.
- fix: smaller extra-ship sprite in the shop.
- fix: communication window frame not cleaned after second new game.
- fix: buy button could be triggered even if item selected.
- fix: synchronize close/open intercomm window with main window.
- add: stat in log, « O » key -> outputs framerate img/s.
- add: bomb (double-thingy), similar to big mine, but goes upward.
- fix: missiles target unset for level 2345 foes. Some foes will be always undetected.
- fix: endgame: mouse cursor wasn’t shown if hidden for the preferences (Thanks Arachide).
- fix: new ship appearance: if blocked on map then invulnerability is added and move still permited to exit collision.
- add: color icon for iconified window (since 256 colors screenmodes).
- rmv: map jump with J key.
- add: editor: name+version+author of maps in editor and game credits.
- add: password for author’s lock in editor.
- add: online highscores: submit and list maps+hits from my webservice/website.
- add: miscellaneous preference to slow down display/computation (for too much quick machines such as FalconCT60 or Aranym).
- opt: GFA RAM Garbage Collection (FRE(0) no more systematic).
- opt: some IF x!=FALSE changed to IF NOT x!, some IF+AND splitted.
- fix: STEP -1 replaced by DOWNTO in FOR-NEXT.
- fix: RANDOMIZE 0, RAND() instead of RND*.
The project is completed. Please note the levels provided in the game archives are for tests. I coded to remake the game (not for playing it really). Users can build their own levels and propose them for players. Levels can be editor-locked with password and has id number. Online highscores are levels sorted with this id.
My goal is reached. There will surely be fixes to do, but I consider this tribute written. One important thing: I will ask in a few days to The Bitmap Brothers for their authorization/curtesy. If not granted, then the archives will be removed (except for the GFA sources).