@mzry: thank you very much!
@jury: thanks for the tests. Sorry, I have worked hard to find something, but I don't think my fixes will help. Maybe the fix (1), and less maybe the fix (2), that both occur before the progress bar appears. The previous archive was correct. Tested it on Aranym + TOS 4 + NVDI 5, that looks like a bit at your configuration, and found bugs, so new version proposed. Sorry for numerous releases.
I suggest you to:
- be careful of your disk transfers (IDE on CT60, even more on SCSI if your Falcon is not patched).
- delete the related INF file, or the previous game folder.
I may find the cause in the future but all is now OK on my systems.X2 project (20180526)
- fix (1): bad RSC object numbers in preferences window.
- fix (2): increase initial GFA malloc to $m384000 at launch.
- fix: the .XYL files were not properly closed, GEMDOS error -35 under monoTOS4 or EmuTOS-only.
- fix: progress bar for levels maps loading.
- fix (3): workstation_format value included in the cache validity test.
- fix: zoom *2 couldn’t be selected if screen width was exactly 640px.
- add (4): built-in zoom for 16c and 256c chunky screenmodes (pixels packed format).
- fix: level3 tadpole nest and level3 mouth still blocked the way after their death. DGEM 1.2C
- fix (3): workstation format value (interleaved-planes vs pixel packed = chunky) is tested for the cache validation.
- add (4): built-in zoom also available for 16 and 256 colors pixels packed screenmodes.
(3) : AtariX/macOS proposed two 16 colors modes, one classic interleaves planes and one 'chunky' pixel packed. This confuses the caches, so I had to add the 'workstation format' value in the cache header for validation.
(4) : built-in zoom is too slow with X2, but is pretty cool with DGEM. This allow bigger view for those who have ISA/PCI graphics card on TT, mid-level machines, or FireBee, where chunky screenmodes are more common.