Arcade cores

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

kublai
Atari User
Atari User

Re: A Couple of (probably dumb) questions

Postby kublai » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:23 pm

MrSunshine wrote:OK. I have *almost* everything working as expected, but there are a couple of things that are just head scratchers for me.

Question #1: 1942 and 1943 -- I have roms for them and there are cores for them, but for some reason the updater isn't creating .mra files, so I can't use them?

Question #1a: Probably related to question #1. There are several cores that seem to have a "dated" core and .mra sitting together in the _Arcade directory (whereas MOST of the arcade cores are sitting in a cores directory). I have the feeling this is because I screwed something up. Anyone know what it is?

Question #2: I was under the impression that several of the arcade cores had a setting that allowed controllers to be set into a more "four-way joystick" like configuration, so that they responded better in games like Pac Man and Burgertime. I can't for the life of me figure out where this option is. Can someone explain to me how I'm an idiot?

Question #3: I have been running the main updater script (edited so it gets .mra files) and RetroDriven's MAME updater. Are there any other scripts that could help make the process more "me"-proof?

Thanks!

Question #1: 1942 and 1943 -- I have roms for them and there are cores for them, but for some reason the updater isn't creating .mra files, so I can't use them?
- You need to run the Jotego core updater so the correct .rbf files are downloaded. Under Arcade it will be in the Jotego dir.

Question #1a: Probably related to question #1. There are several cores that seem to have a "dated" core and .mra sitting together in the _Arcade directory (whereas MOST of the arcade cores are sitting in a cores directory). I have the feeling this is because I screwed something up. Anyone know what it is?
- You probably have both .rbf and /mra in the same _Acrade dir. MRA files don't have a date string on them like .RBF files

Question #3: I have been running the main updater script (edited so it gets .mra files) and RetroDriven's MAME updater. Are there any other scripts that could help make the process more "me"-proof?
- These scripts is what I used when I reformatted my SDCard and they appears to work and is up to date. I hope.

cavemanxzx
Retro freak
Retro freak

Re: Arcade cores

Postby cavemanxzx » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:31 pm

New Core: Super Bagman Arcade
can found here:

https://github.com/cavemanxzx/MiSTer-Arcade-SuperBagman

jca
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby jca » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:42 pm

cavemanxzx wrote:New Core: Super Bagman Arcade
can found here:

It is my understanding that the original goal of introducing mra files was to avoid the step of building roms which was a problem for some users. Although this new core uses a zip file this zip file is nowhere to be found and has to be build which is similar to the pre mra system. Not only it has to be build but only a shell script is provided which will leave Windows users in the dark. I guess RetroDriven will come to the help of those unable to create the zip file but it would be nice if a solution could be found to meet the original goal of introducing mra files.
This said, thanks for a new arcade.

MrSunshine
Retro freak
Retro freak

Re: A Couple of (probably dumb) questions

Postby MrSunshine » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:39 pm

So, just to circle back around on this, it appears that the "Enhanced Experience" 4-way controller modification is actually *not* a part of mainline MiSTer at this point, if my deeper Google dive into the subject is accurate.

Thanks for the answers on the other questions. It was very helpful, and I think everything is pretty much working at this point, which is awesome!

zakk4223
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby zakk4223 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:58 pm

jca wrote:
can found here:

It is my understanding that the original goal of introducing mra files was to avoid the step of building roms which was a problem for some users. Although this new core uses a zip file this zip file is nowhere to be found and has to be build which is similar to the pre mra system. Not only it has to be build but only a shell script is provided which will leave Windows users in the dark. I guess RetroDriven will come to the help of those unable to create the zip file but it would be nice if a solution could be found to meet the original goal of introducing mra files.

I've sent a PR for that repo that accomplishes creating the c000_ffff_mister rom on the fly via the MRA file. If you want to try the core now you should be able to just pick out the change by hand into your local MRA file.

NML32
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby NML32 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:11 pm

zakk4223 wrote:I've sent a PR for that repo that accomplishes creating the c000_ffff_mister rom on the fly via the MRA file. If you want to try the core now you should be able to just pick out the change by hand into your local MRA file.

Thanks, your changes worked great with the unmodified .zip file. :cheers:

alanswx
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby alanswx » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:30 pm

zakk4223 wrote:
jca wrote:
can found here:

I've sent a PR for that repo that accomplishes creating the c000_ffff_mister rom on the fly via the MRA file. If you want to try the core now you should be able to just pick out the change by hand into your local MRA file.

I am glad that feature is getting used! I put it in for nrallyx.

djmartins
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby djmartins » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:28 am

can found here:

Installed and played a bit.
Nice core, never played this one before.

jca
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby jca » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:51 pm

8O 8O 8O I am speechless!
5 hours after my post and the "problem" is fixed and the solution already existed before the announcement of the core. The developers of the arcade cores are unbelievable and I wonder if they get any sleep seeing the number of new arcades and fixes. Thanks to all.

cavemanxzx
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby cavemanxzx » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:23 pm

zakk4223 wrote:
jca wrote:
can found here:

Thank you very much.

ewok
Atari User
Atari User

Rygar core

Postby ewok » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:44 pm

Hi,

I cannot find this latest core. Does someone know where to find it? That would be great. Thanks!

mutmuthux
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Re: Rygar core

Postby mutmuthux » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:44 pm

ewok wrote:Hi,

I cannot find this latest core. Does someone know where to find it? That would be great. Thanks!

it is linked 6 times in the 10 posts before yours :)

ewok
Atari User
Atari User

Postby ewok » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:51 pm

Rygar core?

mutmuthux
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby mutmuthux » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:00 pm

"I cannot find this latest core"
my bad sorry. i didnt see the reference to rygar
i assumed you are referring to the latest core under discussion in this thread - bagman

edit - first page hit on google search for mister rygar is this https://github.com/nullobject/rygar-fpga might be the one youre looking for

sajattack
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby sajattack » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:14 am

Sorgelig, why was the 31khz mode of MCR3Mono removed? It fixes flickering and sprite issues present because the original games are interlaced. This mode redoes video in progressive 480p.

ewok
Atari User
Atari User

Postby ewok » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:46 am

edit - first page hit on google search for mister rygar is this https://github.com/nullobject/rygar-fpga might be the one youre looking for

Thanks. Saw that one. Unfortunately no rbf file available.

mutmuthux
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby mutmuthux » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:55 am

SegaMan
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby SegaMan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:03 am

ewok
Atari User
Atari User

Postby ewok » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:10 pm

SegaMan wrote:There is Rygar (Beta 2) with sound.

https://github.com/nullobject/rygar-fpg ... 0.0-beta.2

Thanks a lot!!!

jca
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby jca » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:42 pm

Strange problem with Rygar: if I choose scandoubler HQ2x only the left hand side of the screen is shown. This is on HDMI.

cavemanxzx
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby cavemanxzx » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:23 pm

New Version of Super Bagman Arcade is out.

Changes 21/01/20: Dips now in MRA

kublai
Atari User
Atari User

Postby kublai » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:25 am

cavemanxzx wrote:New Version of Super Bagman Arcade is out.

Changes 21/01/20: Dips now in MRA

Thanks for the nice update.

jcyr
Atarian
Atarian

Mostly Black Screen (HDMI)

Postby jcyr » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:01 am

Finished building 32M SDRAM card. Ran memory tester without problems. Ran the update.sh script. Got a few wget file not found errors during update but Menu and nany .rbf files downloaded.

A few of the computer selections (altair 8080, atari800) work fine with correct HDMI display.

But all of the arcade selection end up showing a black screen!!!

Help or suggestions appreciated.

hyperterminal
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby hyperterminal » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:25 am

Thank you for the update of your Super Bagman core. Is there a particular reason why the md5-attribute is called "amd5" in the mra file?

djmartins
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby djmartins » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:04 am

hyperterminal wrote:Thank you for the update of your Super Bagman core. Is there a particular reason why the md5-attribute is called "amd5" in the mra file?

Typo of course....

Return to “MiSTer”