Ballistix cracking code

GFA, ASM, STOS, ...

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

KrazyKato
Atariator
Atariator

Ballistix cracking code

Postby KrazyKato » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:12 pm

An old friend of mine recently sent me one of my old floppies that has some old 68000 code on it that I never quite finished. I started it back in 1990 and have finally finished it this morning :D I was never one for keeping deadlines!
It was back when I first loaded up GenST and was faced a blank screen thinkng "What now?" It's that old.
Anyways, i've re-written most of it and it now works, having tested under Steem SSE with all different Machines and Tos versions.
There's code in the attached zip for cracking, filing for a 520k version, and single parting a 1mb version all now commented to make more sense of it.
Also in the zip are the 2 versions ready to run as .msa files.
I'm posting this here partly as as a preservation method and as a tutorial for people like me who were never that good to be part of any serious group but tried to crack their own games and never quite managed it.
I did few far more trickier more games afer this like Baal and Stormtropper but this was the first one I had saved the code for and I thought was lost forever.
Hope someone finds it useful.
:wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ballistix cracking code

Postby Mug UK » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:14 pm

Nice release KrazyKato.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

WayneKerr
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby WayneKerr » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:12 pm

Nice stuff, thanks for releasing it. I'm always keen to see how people tackled their cracks, not everyone thinks the same.
I'm also happy to see someone who writes even messier code than me :P

KrazyKato
Atariator
Atariator

Postby KrazyKato » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:58 am

Hey, if you think that's messy then I've just found my Robocop 2 crack with infinite lives/no bullet damage/time freeze trainer. It's a work of art. Jackson Pollock art. :lol:

Social Media

Return to “Coding”