Apologies for bothering again, but I have been trying to sort out the MiSTer installation. So I post this in case someone could be of any help
Okay some updates about the troubleshooting.
in the meantime, I have got:
- New DE-10 nano
- New SDRAM
- New Micro SD card
- Downloaded all the files once again to ensure they are the latest release
Mounted them carefully. Used latex gloves, paid atention to put the thumbs when mounting the SDRAM, installed the USB/IO board with care.
-- Main board
-- USB board
-- I/O mounted only once to validate the lack of video output
-- RTC clock not installed so far
Thanks to your advises, please find below the test-results with the new board/SDRAM/SD card:
- The Boot menu works, keyboard respond, it is possible to change background with F1. All seems ok.
- Arcade-MrDoNightmare_20180313.rbf works just fine (was working also on the old DE-10 nano).
- Genesis starts (the screen is not going in sleeping mode) however F12 does not work
- NES does not work either
- When booting the memtest or the Minimig (this is my target) the screen becomes black. No video signal. No Keyboard response to F12. Nada.
- Tried to install the I/O board and the same result is obtained through VGA
Given the device is now a new one, I am clearly doing something totally wrong, so I report my config in case I am doing something stupid.
Questions for the experts:
- I haven't changed the pin settings on the De-10 nano. They are like the factory one. Is that correct?
- The problem seems to stems from the cores which requires the SDRAM. Is there anything else I could do to troubleshooting?
- Beside memtest, is there any other core to troubleshoot?
- I am not sure whether the MiSTer.ini files video settings. Please find it below. Any settings I could change as a test?
If some of you have some advise, beside ensuring that all files are up to date, would be greatly appreciated
- Re-Installed a new SD card with the latest (april 2018) tool. No errors.
- Copied on the SD root the following updated files:
Created a config folder with this file in there:
key_menu_as_rgui=0 ; set to 1 to make the MENU key map to RGUI in Minimig (e.g. for Right Amiga)
forced_scandoubler=0 ; set to 1 to run scandoubler on VGA output always (depends on core).
ypbpr=0 ; set to 1 for YPbPr on VGA output.
composite_sync=0 ; set to 1 for composite sync on HSync signal of VGA output.
vga_scaler=0 ; set to 1 to connect VGA to scaler output.
hdmi_audio_96k=0 ; set to 1 for 96khz/16bit HDMI audio (48khz/16bit otherwise)
keyrah_mode=0x18d80002 ; VIDPID of keyrah for special code translation (0x23418037 for Arduino Micro)
volumectl=1 ; enable audio volume control by multimedia keys
;bootscreen=0 ; uncomment to disable boot screen of some cores like Minimig.
;mouse_throttle=10 ; 1-100 mouse speed divisor. Useful for very sensitive mouses
; USER button emulation by keybaord. Usually it's reset button.
; 0 - lctrl+lalt+ralt (lctrl+lgui+rgui on keyrah)
; 1 - lctrl+lgui+rgui
; 2 - lctrl+lalt+del
; 3 - same as 0 (lctrl+lalt+ralt on keyrah)
dvi_mode=0 ; set to 1 for DVI mode. Audio won't be transmitted through HDMI in DVI mode.
; 0 - 1280x720@60
; 1 - 1024x768@60
; 2 - 720x480@60
; 3 - 720x576@50
; 4 - 1280x1024@60
; 5 - 800x600@60
; 6 - 640x480@60
; 7 - 1280x720@50
; 8 - 1920x1080@60
; 9 - 1920x1080@50
;10 - 1366x768@60
;11 - 1024x600@60
; custom mode: hact,hfp,hs,hbp,vact,vfp,vs,vbp,Fpix_in_KHz
; set to 1-10 (seconds) to display video info on startup/change
; set to 1 for automatic HDMI VSync rate adjust to match original VSync.
; This option makes video butter smooth like on original emulated system.
; Adjusting is done by changing pixel clock. Not every display supports variable pixel clock.
; For proper adjusting and to reduce possible out of range pixel clock, use 60Hz HDMI video
; modes as a base even for 50Hz systems.
Created an Amiga folder, which is actually empty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.