Crown of creation test:

All about games on the Falcon, TT & clones

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

viking272
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Crown of creation test:

Postby viking272 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:40 pm

lotek_style wrote:Imho... there is -nobody- around these days with DSP knowledge to make a proper crack.

Just hope they've not been bullied off the scene, LOL
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=37257

mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby mikro » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:56 am

lotek_style wrote:Imho... there is -nobody- around these days with DSP knowledge to make a proper crack.

On the contrary - the biggest problem for me with this one is that I'm not patient / good enough to play the game. Having this game running in Hatari must be piece of cake to trace, you can basically watch in realtime what is happening on both CPU and DSP side.

So ideally, I would need someone to play the game, when the protection kicks in, I would inspect it, try to work around it, then again sit back and wait for my playing counterpart and repeat 100 times. ;)

ggn
Atari God
Atari God

Postby ggn » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:25 am

It's pretty much what mikro said - personally I find the game quite meh otherwise I'd have deprotected it ages ago.

One doesn't even have to play the game - just static disassemble the binary, identify the DSP code, disassemble those bits, analyse, patch, done. It's not rocket science really. But... priorities vary in people and this is quite low on my TODO list. And evidently the same is true for the rest of the people as well.
is 73 Falcon patched atari games enough ? ^^

leech
Atari God
Atari God

Postby leech » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:26 pm

ggn wrote:It's pretty much what mikro said - personally I find the game quite meh otherwise I'd have deprotected it ages ago.

One doesn't even have to play the game - just static disassemble the binary, identify the DSP code, disassemble those bits, analyse, patch, done. It's not rocket science really. But... priorities vary in people and this is quite low on my TODO list. And evidently the same is true for the rest of the people as well.

At which point we could have a 3d engine for the falcon and make new games? :P
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (VBXE, U1MB, Stereo POKEY)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

ggn
Atari God
Atari God

Postby ggn » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:35 pm

leech wrote:At which point we could have a 3d engine for the falcon and make new games? :P

When you finish yours of course.

leech
Atari God
Atari God

Postby leech » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:03 pm

ggn wrote:
leech wrote:At which point we could have a 3d engine for the falcon and make new games? :P

When you finish yours of course.

I would totally create a game. If I had an engine, an artist, a coder, and sound engineer.

Okay, so that'd leave me with coming up with the idea and writing the plot, etc. But I could do that :)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

ggn
Atari God
Atari God

Postby ggn » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:04 pm

leech wrote:I would totally create a game. If I had an engine, an artist, a coder, and sound engineer.

Okay, so that'd leave me with coming up with the idea and writing the plot, etc. But I could do that :)

Well, you know what to do then, don't let us down!

leech
Atari God
Atari God

Postby leech » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:30 pm

ggn wrote:
leech wrote:I would totally create a game. If I had an engine, an artist, a coder, and sound engineer.

Well, you know what to do then, don't let us down!

Truly though, if we could get together some people, I totally wouldn't mind writing up an RPG concept or something. Getting all the other talent might be doable though, pretty sure there are enough people that are into pixel art for that, plenty of musicians (could even make one that uses MIDI output), and coders are all over.

I have been meaning to learn how to code for like 20 years, but always run into other things that need to be done.

stormy
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby stormy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:02 pm

I think an isometric RPG similar to boulders gate would be possible with the Falcons capabilities, especially with an 060.
Falcon CT60e 060 - 256mb ram - Phantom bus and DSP accelerated // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - Lightning VME - USB LAN - ATI Mach64 2mb

MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby MacFalcon » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:21 pm

mikro wrote:

On the contrary - the biggest problem for me with this one is that I'm not patient / good enough to play the game. Having this game running in Hatari must be piece of cake to trace, you can basically watch in realtime what is happening on both CPU and DSP side.

So ideally, I would need someone to play the game, when the protection kicks in, I would inspect it, try to work around it, then again sit back and wait for my playing counterpart and repeat 100 times. ;)

Sounds like a task for next year's atariada :lol:
Falcon060, 100/25 MHz, 256 MB SD-RAM, PhantomPBS, CTPCI with Radeon, USB and Network Card. atari rulez!

Social Media

Return to “Games”