PC Engine core

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

SuperSpongo
Atarian
Atarian

Re: PC Engine core

Postby SuperSpongo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:16 am

Immediately the first thing that popped into my head as well.
"Neat, MiSTer Controllers!"

seastalker
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby seastalker » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:42 pm

It would be REALLY cool if they added a Supergrafx version (surprised they didn't) since the system is expensive, rare, and possibly looks the best of the retro consoles; Of course put all the SGX titles on it and then some CD-rom based games. :) I also wonder if any of the shells would fit a MiST/MiSTer?
I'm jumping topics a bit, but I'd love Analogue to do a NEC system with similar case lineup. A SGX inspired case with the pack-in title being a hypothetical newly discovered proto of the planned SGX Strider version.

Even if just playing the built in emulated games, if it gets hacked with jailbreak firmware, I'd rather play emulated games on a thing that LOOKS at least like the console I'm playing. Heck, wouldn't it be cool if the cases' Hu-Card slot was now a SD-card slot?

I am also wondering how you make a MINI PC-Engine as it is already the tiniest thing! Any smaller and it might be mistaken as a Triscuit! The Turbografix-16 mini would be a welcomed scale-doown as it would have (and should have) been 30 years ago as well. ;)

drj3rk
Atariator
Atariator

Postby drj3rk » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:02 pm

seastalker wrote:I am also wondering how you make a MINI PC-Engine as it is already the tiniest thing! Any smaller and it might be mistaken as a Triscuit!

TriscuitGrafx!

I agree, they should have done a SuperGrafx edition.

normal19
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby normal19 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:25 am

https://www.chrismcovell.com/CPUTest/

According to this the Mister core is very innacruate at every test level, should we be concerned about this?

MottZilla
Atarian
Atarian

Postby MottZilla » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:20 am

normal19 wrote:https://www.chrismcovell.com/CPUTest/

According to this the Mister core is very innacruate at every test level, should we be concerned about this?

Hopefully the information and test ROM could be used to improve the accuracy. Ideally you'd want the MiSTer implementation to behave exactly the same as the original hardware if possible. It is interesting that running from DDR3 instead of SDRAM causes potentially serious issues.

crocky
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby crocky » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:48 am

normal19 wrote:According to this the Mister core is very innacruate at every test level, should we be concerned about this?

Its known that the aging PC Engine core has inaccuracies. As and when any dev has time and is interested to fix this it will happen.

Return to “MiSTer”