Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

alanswx
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Re: Arcade cores

Postby alanswx » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:02 pm

knc wrote:Maybe i missed something and had a quick read and not seen anything
now a few of the arcade core have the possibility to load different roms
is there a way to have the roms in a folder where you launch the core from instead of the root of fat
ie my arcade cores are in _Arcade if the rbf and rom is in the same folder it will load the rom like normal
if i put the roms in a folder say A.MSPCMN on the root of the fat and name one boot.rom the core and rom loads fine and when i goto load a diff rom it automatically looks in that folder if the folder is in the _Arcade folder where the rbf is it still open root so need to search for the roms

hope that makes sense lol

I tried putting the a.pacman folder in /media/fat/ and I loaded Arcade-Pacman.rbf from both the /media/fat/ and /media/fat/_ARCADE directory. This worked.

When I moved a.pacman into the _ARCADE directory, it was not found automatically.

Is this what you were saying?

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:17 pm

alanswx wrote:When I moved a.pacman into the _ARCADE directory, it was not found automatically.

i think it should be found if properly named. But you need to load the rbf from the same folder. It won't work if you load the core through USB Blaster.

knc
Atariator
Atariator

Postby knc » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:51 pm

alanswx wrote:
I tried putting the a.pacman folder in /media/fat/ and I loaded Arcade-Pacman.rbf from both the /media/fat/ and /media/fat/_ARCADE directory. This worked.

When I moved a.pacman into the _ARCADE directory, it was not found automatically.

Is this what you were saying?

so basically i can run the core from arcade folder with the rom in the same directory
or i can make a folder called A.MSPCMN on the root of fat and put the ms pacman rom and the ms pacman fast rom inside the A.MSPCMN folder
and once i load the core from the arcade folder and goto menu to load a rom it will show me the roms inside the A.MSPCMN folder as long as its on the root of fat

what i was hoping to do is have the folder A.MSPCMN inside the _arcade folder with the core and upon going to load a rom it would find the folder inside the _arcade folder and not have to have the roms in a folder on the root

alanswx

Postby alanswx » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:35 am

I ported dar's Traverse USA to MiSTer:
https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Arcade- ... USA_MiSTer

You will need to build the rom. Attached is an RBF until an official one is created. Let me know if you see any problems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NML32
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby NML32 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:10 pm

Thank you alanswx for porting Traverse USA to MiSTer. :cheers:

Any chance you might be willing to port DarFPGA's Berzerk to MiSTer? :D
https://sourceforge.net/projects/darfpg ... L/berzerk/

Thank you

owlnonymous
Atarian
Atarian

Postby owlnonymous » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:20 pm

alanswx wrote:I ported dar's Traverse USA to MiSTer:

You will need to build the rom. Attached is an RBF until an official one is created. Let me know if you see any problems.

I love this game. Thanks alanswx for the port.

uigiflip
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby uigiflip » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:46 pm

tried transverse usa in tate mode controls for left right don't rotate with the screen so up and down become left and right
Replay 2, Mister, FPGA Replay + 68060 Daughterboard

alanswx

Postby alanswx » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:37 pm

uigiflip wrote:tried transverse usa in tate mode controls for left right don't rotate with the screen so up and down become left and right

How are the keys working and how should they work?

I am adding the table/cocktail mode to many cores. When in cocktail mode the joystick or second set of mame keys are activated. I rotate the keys of the screen isn’t rotated. (For turning the monitor sideways for vertical games)

Darfpga
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Darfpga » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:41 pm

alanswx wrote:I ported dar's Traverse USA to MiSTer.

Thank you, good job.

deltax5
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby deltax5 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:23 am

Arcade-SuperBreakout_MiSTer , Arcade-Dominos_MiSTer , Arcade-CanyonBomber_MiSTer , Arcade-Sprint2_MiSTer , Arcade-Sprint1_MiSTer are all on mister devil but only the batch to make the rom. anyone have the rdf or should i just wait for official release.

PsyFX
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby PsyFX » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:51 am

Seems to have issues with HDMI at the moment (is this implemented?), Vga works with scaler 1280x1024@60

Veridor
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Veridor » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:47 am

Thank you so much for posting the RBF file. Is anyone here having an issue with no sound on this core? I built the ROM file as directed, and the ZIP archive I used had all the files the Batch script looks for. The core/ROM load fine, and the game plays fine as far as I can tell, but I can't hear any sound. Other cores give me sound, so I don't think it's an HDMI audio issue on my setup's hardware.

Flausch
Atariator
Atariator

Postby Flausch » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:47 pm

Current bat file for Superbreakout is wrong! It's instead from sprint1!

But built.sh / ini is correct. So you can get the correct filenames from there and make your own bat.

alanswx

Postby alanswx » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:03 pm

Flausch wrote:Current bat file for Superbreakout is wrong! It's instead from sprint1!

But built.sh / ini is correct. So you can get the correct filenames from there and make your own bat.

Oops! I will fix it tonight and build the cores.

alanswx

Postby alanswx » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:08 pm

Flausch wrote:Current bat file for Superbreakout is wrong! It's instead from sprint1!

Fixed!

viperman3
Atarian
Atarian

Postby viperman3 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:07 pm

Is there an Asteroids arcade core ported to Mister? I know of the Asteroids Deluxe port but am inquiring about the original version.

Veridor
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Veridor » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:08 pm

So having just taken my kids to the Carolina Arcade Museum in Forest City, NC, I got to play their Pac-Man and Ms Pac-Man cabinets. It seemed to me that they ran much faster than their MiSTer core counterparts, and I think that's due to some sort of DIP switch or maintenance menu setting. Is there any way to enable that in the MiSTer cores? I read all over the wiki and didn't see anything, but it's possible I may have missed it.

kitrinx
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby kitrinx » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:20 am

would it cause any problems to mount on startup <corename>.sav as the default save file for all cores? I assume if the core doesn't use saves, it won't cause any harm. If we did this, we could then use those for high score saving on arcade cores.

alanswx

Postby alanswx » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:24 am

Veridor wrote:So having just taken my kids to the Carolina Arcade Museum in Forest City, NC, I got to play their Pac-Man and Ms Pac-Man cabinets. It seemed to me that they ran much faster than their MiSTer core counterparts, and I think that's due to some sort of DIP switch or maintenance menu setting. Is there any way to enable that in the MiSTer cores? I read all over the wiki and didn't see anything, but it's possible I may have missed it.

I am working on putting dip switches and alternate rom loading into the arcade cores. There are some alternate roms that speed up pacman.

djmartins
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby djmartins » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:30 am

Thanks for the Berzerk core, it's my all time favorite arcade game!

MarkMSX
Atarian
Atarian

Postby MarkMSX » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi I'm a member of the shmup scene. I heard about the Mister project today and got excited by the possibilities is presents. My question is if the Mister has the capability to support games like Dodonpachi in the future? Or maybe Neo Geo stuff as well?

djmartins
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby djmartins » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:17 pm

MarkMSX wrote:Hi I'm a member of the shmup scene. I heard about the Mister project today and got excited by the possibilities is presents. My question is if the Mister has the capability to support games like Dodonpachi in the future? Or maybe Neo Geo stuff as well?

Read this forum and you'll see others have asked about Neo Geo which is a possibility but not likely soon.
Then again, cores sometimes show up out of the blue for MiSTer and there is a lot of Neo Geo fans!
Check the changelog thread to get an idea of how often cores are updated or added.

Newsdee
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Newsdee » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:00 am

There is a prorotype Neo Geo core, but no proper release yet.

nathanhardie
Atari User
Atari User

Postby nathanhardie » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:21 pm

Has anyone gotten Berserk to work with VGA? HDMI works but VGA just has sound.

alanswx

Postby alanswx » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:41 pm

nathanhardie wrote:Has anyone gotten Berserk to work with VGA? HDMI works but VGA just has sound.

Of course it is working on mine. My VGA reports a weird resolution (just realized I could ask it!!) 1440x240. Maybe that is the problem. I am not sure what is wrong with the video, if someone else wants to look at it, that would be super helpful.

Return to “MiSTer”