The Obligatory 'Introduce Yourself Thread'...

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

gojira54
Atariator
Atariator

Re: The Obligatory 'Introduce Yourself Thread'...

Postby gojira54 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:31 pm

Hello =]
Joined here for MiSTer stuff... looks like a great project and want to give it a go!

MattE888
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby MattE888 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi, I'm here for MiSTer too! I've read tons of posts about it and seen the youtube video's. It's very exciting!

I grew up playing Atari 2600 when I was a kid. I then moved on to NES, SNES, PS, PS2, PS3, and now I'm getting back into retro gaming. I want to expand my gaming experiences to retro computers, which is one reason why I'm so interested in MiSTer. One day I plan on building a mini retro arcade cabinet using a Raspberry Pi or MiSTer.

DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DarkLord » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:11 am

/ s i g h . . .
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

314ter
Atarian
Atarian

Postby 314ter » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:15 pm

Hello all,

I used to be all about Amiga in my youth, but I've secretly been interested in the Atari side of (home)computing. Being a bit of a hobby musician, the integrated Midi interface on the Atari ST always made me jealous.
Now that there is a way to experience the Ataris ST using (FPGA) emulation, I decided to join up. This place looks like a veritable font of knowledge regarding Atari hard-/software; lots for me to learn!

Rustynutt
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Rustynutt » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:10 pm

The knowledge base here is deep.

chrisnova777
Atari User
Atari User

Postby chrisnova777 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:38 pm

hello Everyone!
my name is Chris - i run a site called www.oldschooldaw.com
i FINALLY got my hands on an ATARI 1040STE over the christmas holidays, even though i had to drive about 6-7 hours to get it!
theres not many ATARI ST's for sale in my area, to say the least!!

i got an ATARI 1040 STE aswell as two monitors, 1x SM124 and a color SC1224
im looking for any guidance or information on what i should do?
how do i check my TOS version? thanks + looking forward to soaking up some tips frm you guys!

FedePede04
Atari God
Atari God

Postby FedePede04 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:06 pm

chrisnova777 wrote:hello Everyone!
my name is Chris - i run a site called http://www.oldschooldaw.com
i FINALLY got my hands on an ATARI 1040STE over the christmas holidays, even though i had to drive about 6-7 hours to get it!
theres not many ATARI ST's for sale in my area, to say the least!!

i got an ATARI 1040 STE aswell as two monitors, 1x SM124 and a color SC1224
im looking for any guidance or information on what i should do?
how do i check my TOS version? thanks + looking forward to soaking up some tips frm you guys!

hi Chris
Nice forum you got, maybe i should join :D
look like you are missing a couple of programs (a couple of mine) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i have made a couple of tracker over the years, and also a opl3 driver for an SMF player that 2 of my friends did for Roland Denmark.

i hope you will be glad for your STE, and there is a tons of music software for it, and when you have questions for the STE please make a topic so we can help you.
Atari will rule the world, long after man has disappeared

sometime my English is a little weird, Google translate is my best friend :)

dragonet80
Atarian
Atarian

Postby dragonet80 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:57 am

Hello everybody here :cheers: . I recently re-discovered my love to 8-bit systems. I found this site googling for Mister FPGA.

My pets are: 65XE, C64G, ZX +2A, 6128+, and hope more to come (looking for an adoption of a homeless MSX2)... Also Gameboys, NGPC, and more modern consoles. A MAME fan with a two player Bartop.

chrisnova777
Atari User
Atari User

Postby chrisnova777 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:43 pm

im trying to track down a C-lab Export for BCD midi ports expansion via modem port

RodLightning
Atarian
Atarian

Postby RodLightning » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Hello, I finally got around to joining here recently and have been reading threads as a guest for years. I'm into most everything atari that brings others to the forums. I have a few atari 8bits, a 520stfm with 1mb, Lynx, Jag, 2600 and 5200. Currently working on a 130xe and yes, I have built a MiSTer.

Greetings. :)

dhedberg
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dhedberg » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:42 am

Welcome! Glad you registered!
Daniel, New Beat - http://newbeat.atari.org. Like demos? Have a look at our new Falcon030 demo and feel the JOY.

Minimalist
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Minimalist » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:09 pm

Hi, i just registered. to be honest: i'm mainly here for the MiSTler Parts and to connect with People with knowlege about it.

My dad had a C64 and this opened the whole world of Gaming and Programming to me. Later i got my own C16 and found my way over the C128 the to the Amiga. Later on in School i came in contact with the Ataris ST and liked them too, some of my friend had them. I owned one later on for Cubase and stuff :-)
I have also a weakness for Arcade Games and Cabinets, i had a Neogeo cabined and i still own a SEGA Naomi Cabinet. So this all is leading me to the MiSTer, i hope i can bring back some good old feelings with it and may discover some new things.

I'm from Switzerland, i'm a System Engineer on Windows Systems and have a family with Daughter and Dog.

PS: the question thats causes burn under my fingernails: when am i able to send PMs? :-)

rondc
Atariator
Atariator

Postby rondc » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:12 pm

Hi folks !

After many years and after resisting to make an account in Atari-Forum, now that I have a little more time, I think it's time to introduce myself.

I am ron, founder of Retrowiki and the Atari ST are one of my favorite micros of all time. I am almost 50 years old and I live in Spain. I had my first computer in the late 1970s and I try to spread the love of retrocomputing in Spanish. I have had and I have many micros, and I still enjoy a lot every day. I had my first ST at the end of 1985 and today I continue to use them, in addition to the FPGA, it is fantastic.

Thank You
Last edited by rondc on Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Wed May 01, 2019 8:42 am

[smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_17.gif] Warm welcome to everyone, really nice to read there's so many countries present there :D :D .

NobleX13
Atarian
Atarian

Postby NobleX13 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:56 pm

I am NobleX13... I am an avid gamer, electronics hobbyist, and DIY hardware enthusiast.
I am into 3D printing, soldering, console modding, and electronics repair. Finally getting into the MiSTer project. I just ordered a DE10-nano this week.

messem10
Atarian
Atarian

Postby messem10 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:02 am

Hi all.

Like most recent people, I’m mainly here for the MiSTer stuff as it seems to be a quickly evolving project. With stuff like the NeoGeo support starting to take shape and even some preliminary work being done on PSX/PS1, it is kinda crazy.

I’m an avid retro gamer with a pretty solid setup but I’ve never really delved into retro computers or systems older than the NES.

DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DarkLord » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:48 pm

This is just sad to me..... :(

NobleX13
Atarian
Atarian

Postby NobleX13 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:49 pm

DarkLord wrote:This is just sad to me..... :(

I know us crazy MiSTer people may not be the target demographic for this forum but I hope you can find it in your heart to accept us. I have an appreciation for the Atari 16 and 32-bit computers but have never spent any serious amount of time with one. I grew up with a Commodore 64, but I recognize the deficit in my classical education by not familiarizing myself with the Atari home computers.

I'll be sure to brush up. :)

DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DarkLord » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:35 pm

It's not about accepting... I actually owned a MiST unit when it came out, then sold it. Great product,
great support, etc. Just not "Atari" enough for me.

It obviously meets a large number of peoples needs though. Clearly.

So I'm not being biased or prejudiced, people have the right to spend their money/time how they want,
I just lament that when I logon to Atari Forum these days and scan through all the new topics and messages
(an event that used to be very exciting for me) I'm now inundated with MiST and MiSTer messages. :(

I wish Darren would separate these areas.

PS and this is probably the wrong area for this post so apologies....

Rustynutt
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Rustynutt » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:38 pm

Know the feeling, think it's the same one the 8 bit'ers felt at one point when the Falcon came out. One could rationalize the 520, heck even a 1040, but Falcon? :)

I like the "latest post" top of the forum, especially being able to "side step" through subjects. Saves time when just "checking in".
Then, inevitably, when it's time to dive in and see just why that bleeping Falcon dohicky is putting funny colored garbage on screen, the answer is there, deep in the vast landscapes of our beloved world.
MiST? What's that?

DarkLord wrote:It's not about accepting... I actually owned a MiST unit when it came out, then sold it. Great product,
great support, etc. Just not "Atari" enough for me.

It obviously meets a large number of peoples needs though. Clearly.

So I'm not being biased or prejudiced, people have the right to spend their money/time how they want,
I just lament that when I logon to Atari Forum these days and scan through all the new topics and messages
(an event that used to be very exciting for me) I'm now inundated with MiST and MiSTer messages. :(

I wish Darren would separate these areas.

PS and this is probably the wrong area for this post so apologies....

desleido
Atarian
Atarian

Postby desleido » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:43 pm

Hi there!

My name is Nacho, and I grew up with a Spectrum+ and an Atari 2600 along in my room (no colour clash there :) ). Since then, every time that a new computer had the occasion to enter at home I found myself unable to dispose of it later on...so here we are. One of this days my wife will surely put me out in the balcony to sleep :oops:

Said that, I'm an active member of the classical computing community in Spain and I usually participate on the organization of classical computing events. My motivation to be there is to get in touch with the international Atari community, get insight of what's going on, and at the same time announce any Atari-based activity that we may perform across the year.

All the best and see you around!
@desleido

Social Media

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”