New core: Gameboy

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God

Re: New core: Gameboy

Postby slingshot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:18 pm

DrOG wrote:New core has better video centering on my LG DM2352, but still not perfect. Attached the screenshots os the previous and the last core, and a third one on which I marked the border of the plus part of the video with a red line.

Thanks for improving this core! :cheers:

I have no more idea, the last core posted here even went too right for me (and for others, as I see). I uploaded one to mist-binaries, they're perfectly centered both on my LCD monitors. So somebody who has a problematic display should try to fix it.

DrOG
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby DrOG » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:41 pm

OK, fair enough!

My other displays (excluding my very picky Samsung LCD) cope with the core's video fine, despite of the fact that the original portable console was never intended to be VGA compatible...

xc8
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby xc8 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:44 pm

love that release, fantastic fit on monitor, I just had to press the "AUTO" (autoadjust) on monitor once, way improved over the old one version. keep on guys!

RealLarry
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby RealLarry » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:41 pm

xc8 wrote:love that release, fantastic fit on monitor, I just had to press the "AUTO" (autoadjust) on monitor once, way improved over the old one version

Same here, works great! Played some GBC games today and am very exited!

EDIT: Found some games that are having minor glitches in it's graphics, some others that are having total broken graphics and are therefore unplayable.
On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God

Postby slingshot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:52 pm

Yes, GBC is still work in progress by brNX.

Televicious
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Televicious » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:06 pm

Woah, it's amazing. the second release with the VGA centering worked much better for me on a NEC 1530 Multisync. LSDJ, Metroid II, and Kid Icarus all work with data saving as well. This is amazing. Thanks slingshot for porting it back. MiST feels more complete than ever. Guess I should try out some GBC games now. Sound is so much better. Wasn't having any problems in LSDJ either. I like that GB color effects can be used on gb roms as well. It's like the super gameboy. :D

brNX
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby brNX » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:26 am

Hi everyone,

first time posting on the MiST section of the forum, glad the core is being "backported" to the MiST.
I hope you are enjoying the fixes, I just wanted to thanks the original authors, they did the heavy lifting.

I posted "known issues" issue on github https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Gameboy_MiSTer/issues/28, feel free to add new ones if you find something specific or comment and I will add it to the list.

GBC is still a work in progress but most bugs should come from timing related issues (cpu opcodes, ppu sync etc..) , that is what I'm slowly working on right now.

:cheers:

Lroby74
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Lroby74 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:54 pm

slingshot wrote:Maybe hallucinating, but works for me (if it's the Tennis game (World release) - Mario is the judge)

Now it works again to me too..

vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby vebxenon » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:09 am

brNX wrote:Hi everyone,

first time posting on the MiST section of the forum, glad the core is being "backported" to the MiST.
I hope you are enjoying the fixes, I just wanted to thanks the original authors, they did the heavy lifting.

I posted "known issues" issue on github https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Gameboy_MiSTer/issues/28, feel free to add new ones if you find something specific or comment and I will add it to the list.

GBC is still a work in progress but most bugs should come from timing related issues (cpu opcodes, ppu sync etc..) , that is what I'm slowly working on right now.

:cheers:

Thanks very much!! :D
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

Return to “MiST”