Happy new Year 2018

Discuss CT60/CT63, CTPCI, SuperVidel and EtherNAT hardware here.

Moderators: Mug UK, [ProToS], lp, moondog/.tSCc., Moderator Team

Rodolphe
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Happy new Year 2018

Postby Rodolphe » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:47 am

...with many CT60 products...
I'm happy to see this good activity here around the CT6xx.
Happy for all you...
:cheers:
Atari Hardware Developer : CT1, CT2, CTR14, CT60, CTPCI

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Re: Happy new Year 2018

Postby wongck » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:59 am

Happy New Year to you too !
Thanks for the great CT6x products.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atarieterno » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:25 am

Happy New Year to you too !

:cheers:
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby mikro » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:41 am

Nice to see you around Rodolphe, any chance to expect something Atari related from you in the near future? :)

leech
Atari God
Atari God

Postby leech » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:44 pm

mikro wrote:Nice to see you around Rodolphe, any chance to expect something Atari related from you in the near future? :)

Wondering that myself!

This makes me wonder, I know there are a lot of regulars here, and I know there is a tendency for interest into things like this tend to wax and wane like the moon, but anyone ever try to figure out the pattern of that? It probably has to do with a crap ton of work being put into a project, then when it's done and sold, the person just takes a massive break from the scene for awhile, until the 'itch' returns!

Happy New Year, and hopefully this year turns out to have more awesome things built for our beloved computers!
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (VBXE, U1MB, Stereo POKEY)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby mikro » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:59 am

leech wrote:It probably has to do with a crap ton of work being put into a project, then when it's done and sold, the person just takes a massive break from the scene for awhile, until the 'itch' returns!

From my own experience: coding (or anything serious which requires a lot of brain activity and focus) must be done when you really have a) time b) mood c) motivation to do that. And sure, that sometimes does happen. For instance when you're younger. :) You usually enjoy the activity no matter how far the project is, whether it's going well or whether it's only that one or already another one.

But then usually something happens -- change of personal (marriage, kids or on the other hand divorce, health problems, death in close family etc) or work (more demanding job, having a job in the first place, need to relocate) circumstances and boom! That's it. It's extremely hard to recover from situations like that -- even if the original issue disappears, you've changed already -- maybe you're not in touch with your Atari fellas anymore, maybe you were forced to sell all your gear, maybe you love your job that much that it really consumes you, maybe you've found another hobby with another fellas, ...

I can see examples of the above everywhere in the Atari world, even here on AF. Fortunately, after certain amount of time, some people do return. But it's hard, they nowhere that productive (Atari-wise) etc.

leech
Atari God
Atari God

Postby leech » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:22 am

Ha, you mean like how I was all about getting a sweet Amiga set up then suddenly Amiga.org was blocked at my new job, I came home from work one day and fired up the ol' girl and smoke came out of it because the accelerator board I had spent 800 bucks on a year earlier had decided to burn out the memory and die.... so I came running back to my Ataris?

I do like the crowd here more. Far more talk about doing things and improvements over the complaints on what is the 'real' Amiga...
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (VBXE, U1MB, Stereo POKEY)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

Social Media

Return to “CT60 / CT63 Area”