How to lock/close thread ?

News, updates, like or dislike

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: How to lock/close thread ?

Postby AtariZoll » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:22 am

There is always possibility to ask poster to explain it better, different: like: "I don't get it, please rephrase" . And how much of it you seent here ?
Very rare. No, as said, they just want to attack you, to fight for their pity right for 'free speech' - but real reason is that they want to be in right.
Look that CPU comparison thread. It is now thread: what PC could not, and how Falcon is superior. Despite it was clearly said that CPU and computer is not same. Chain is always weak as it's weakest part. So is with computers. If OS is slow, it will work slow regardless from how fast CPU is.

And to add, nobody writes as good as is possible. Please don't be ridiculous. We are not Hemingways.
The problem, when write technical things is that you need to keep it on some shorter size. Writing it in way that everybody understand would mean that it will be way too long, and then even harder to follow, and for sure annoying for those with better knowledge.
And yes, you wrote your opinion, but really should not do it, that's my rude opinion. Because you know too little about subject. And that is what annoys, not writings what some can not understand. There will be always those who don't understand. I did not say that language problem does not exists, but that is overestimated. And yes, same for it - just ask poster to explain it better. different. This is forum, not radio transmission, book, so let use it's features.
P.S. here was too some editing of my posts in beginning, and exactly same problems did occur - changed meaning of text. So, it was abandoned very fast - just was more complicated as some expected.
Famous Schrodinger's cat hypothetical experiment says that cat is dead or alive until we open box and see condition of poor animal, which deserved better logic. Cat is always in some certain state - regardless from is observer able or not to see what the state is.

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:07 pm

I completely agree with AtariZoll. His problem is 100% language agnostic. ;)

Atarieterno
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atarieterno » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:15 pm

wongck wrote:Hate it. Hate it.
When someone masquerade as someone else to get what they wanted.
Unfortunately always happening everywhere on the Net.
Especially when an account is so easily obtainable.
Even more difficult accounts needing SIM card it happens, I seen people who uses spare/dummy SIM cards to get 1st ride benefits on Uber and Lyft.

Maybe it's the difficulty of the language, but ...
Who is interacting with multiple accounts ?, the Amiga user? The Spaniard who speaks good English or who speaks badly? (XD).
That aspect has escaped me, I do not know what you mean, but I suppose that the administrator will have access to the IPs, e-mail and other data of each registered user: it should not be very difficult to detect a user with several names.
Regards.
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

Atarieterno
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atarieterno » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:04 pm

AtariZoll wrote:Look that CPU comparison thread. It is now thread: what PC could not, and how Falcon is superior. Despite it was clearly said that CPU and computer is not same. Chain is always weak as it's weakest part. So is with computers. If OS is slow, it will work slow regardless from how fast CPU is.

Think positive:
Peter, you're right, a CPU is not the same as a computer, that has become clear and the list of comparisons is fixed in the first entries of that post.
Now there are two options, leave that post (everything is said, the listing is already done) and let it get lost among a million posts in this forum; Or discuss (without acrimony) the "relativity" of that comparison because a CPU is not an individual entity that can be used without the accompaniment of an architecture and software, and therefore some user of Falcon or TT (at least me) can be astonished to see it equaled to an Intel 386 and for that reason to comment that the benefits of one and the other are not comparable. Technically, all those comments added are leftovers, but ... Atariforum is not Atariwiki, here we think, we learn and sometimes we discuss.
The concrete point, exact, indisputable, mathematical, historical data ... for a Wiki (I think there was one and it is being lost). In a forum it is normal that there are opinions, some more technical and others more "romantic", but all coexist.
Please, when most Atari users switched to PC to survive the new multimedia world, musicians defended the flag for more years; You can understand that someone does not accept the comparison of a Falcon with an Intel 386.
Regards.
P.S. A transputer could also do many things, in theory, but in practice ... unfortunately it did not prosper. A 386 and its MIPS or whatever they are: can do many things in theory, but the reality is that musically (professionally) was a potato.

calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby calimero » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Atarieterno wrote: but I suppose that the administrator will have access to the IPs, e-mail and other data of each registered user: it should not be very difficult to detect a user with several names.
Regards.

Except if they use Tor ;)

Btw
Will atari wiki be repaired any time soon?
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X

Atarieterno
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atarieterno » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:45 pm

calimero wrote:Except if they use Tor ;)

I do not see logic between the effort of using proxy or simulating multiple users and the achievement that can be obtained. It is more typical of teenagers with acne, than Atarians with gray hairs (or alopecia).

:)

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:40 pm

AtariZoll wrote:Please don't be ridiculous. We are not Hemingways.

Thanks for that.
Cause comment about my bad English was mentioned.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI_ATI_RTL8139 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby calimero » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:06 pm

Atarieterno wrote:
calimero wrote:Except if they use Tor ;)

I do not see logic between the effort of using proxy or simulating multiple users and the achievement that can be obtained.

me neither. (especial when all users are well above 30 years old ;))
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:34 pm

Atarieterno wrote:Maybe it's the difficulty of the language, but ...
Who is interacting with multiple accounts ?, the Amiga user? The Spaniard who speaks good English or who speaks badly? (XD).

Mmmm..... I did not say anyone here is doing that.
Even my real true example is on people using multiple SIM for Uber/Lyft.

Why do you suddenly jump to conclusion of the Amiga user or a Spaniard ?
May be you know who. But the clues you leave above, I cannot tell.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI_ATI_RTL8139 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI

Atarieterno
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atarieterno » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:00 am

Another Sherlock Holmes? Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not the Professor Moriarty.
But if it makes you happy, I will say that I have multiple accounts on this forum, that I'm an astronaut and also rhythmic gymnastics champion (but don't ask me to be a Amiga user, that ain't it even in joke).

Regards.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:36 am

Using Tor browser is same effort as using any browser unless your country tries to block it.
And we all know what it can achieve... for some it may be useful.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:37 am

Wow... now there seems to be a Sherlock Holmes around... wow.
And it is another one....

What is the real purpose of that.

Atarieterno
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atarieterno » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:48 am

Frankly, the imagination of some makes them see ghosts where there is none.
Well, be happy.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:04 am

Amazing skills is needed to use multiple accounts.
Asking some questions and replying with long answers that sounds correct all by oneself.
That's real skillful and knowledgeable person.... hats off.

Atarieterno
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atarieterno » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:59 am

Of course, and the FBI and the CIA looking for competent personnel ... if in Atariforum there are brilliant detectives !!

I find pathetic the obstinacy of some with this theme. I do not care about the multiple accounts of anyone who has that, I'm only interested in Atari and that's why I'm here, wrong opinions or accusations do not deserve more time (although they are unfair) and now I'm going to put a SCSI adapter in my Mega STe: I guess it's just plug and play but if there is anything else I appreciate any information.
Greetings.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:09 am

Atarieterno wrote: ... and now I'm going to put a SCSI adapter in my Mega STe: I guess it's just plug and play but if there is anything else I appreciate any information.
Greetings.

Try with search for start. There is plenty of it already discussed.
Just 2 things: drive must support parity off mode. Max 1GB can be accessed with original adapter. Good termination may be necessary. Ops ... it was 3, sorry :D
And pls. not here to continue with SCSI, not FBI and other OT ...
Famous Schrodinger's cat hypothetical experiment says that cat is dead or alive until we open box and see condition of poor animal, which deserved better logic. Cat is always in some certain state - regardless from is observer able or not to see what the state is.

Atarieterno
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atarieterno » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:11 am

AtariZoll wrote:Try with search for start. There is plenty of it already discussed.
Just 2 things: drive must support parity off mode. Max 1GB can be accessed with original adapter. Good termination may be necessary. Ops ... it was 3, sorry :D

Thanks.

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:57 am

AtariZoll wrote:Good termination may be necessary.

When I replaced my Mega STE's original 48Mb Seagate drive with a Quantum LPS 105 it would not work at all. Strange, because it worked perfectly via my ICD Link which also did not support parity. I called Atari Norway (yes, there was such a thing back then) and talked to their tech guy, and he told me to not terminate the SCSI drive. In fact, it could cause damage to the SCSI adapter he said. So I removed the terminating resistor packs from the drive and sure it worked :)
Jo Even

Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:25 pm

joska wrote:
AtariZoll wrote:Good termination may be necessary.

When I replaced my Mega STE's original 48Mb Seagate drive with a Quantum LPS 105 it would not work at all. Strange, because it worked perfectly via my ICD Link which also did not support parity. I called Atari Norway (yes, there was such a thing back then) and talked to their tech guy, and he told me to not terminate the SCSI drive. In fact, it could cause damage to the SCSI adapter he said. So I removed the terminating resistor packs from the drive and sure it worked :)

That's why I said "may be". And I connected there about 20 diverse SCSI drives, and I made mod for override 1GB capacity, with parity generator, driver SW ... And despite I asked, we talk here now about SCSI termination.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:31 pm

8O :lol:

Social Media

Return to “Website Discussions”