CosmosEx - new device for your Atari ST

News, questions and bugs reports about CosmosEx by Jookie. Now we have a Raspberry Pi in our machines!

Moderators: Jookie, Moderator Team

AdamK
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: CosmosEx - new device for your Atari ST

Postby AdamK » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:16 pm

wongck wrote:
Greenious wrote:Just got an email from Jookie stating he will have to close down his webshop for a while.

I have to close the business license (self-employment) by the end of this month, so I guess the last order can be made on 29.6.2017, and then the shop will be closed down. If I wouldn't close it at the end of this month, I will be paying 150 Euro to national social insurance company every month, even if I don't make a single Euro for that month, so it's cheaper to close this down. After that I can't legally sell the anything, so I have no idea what I will do with all the things that won't be sold. That's why I'm trying to sell everything I can.

EU-regulations and worthless, greedy politicians extorting the little guy as usual...

Huh? :shrug: Incredible.... Isn't the EU having huge unemployment ?
They should be giving money instead to people who are being entrepreneur to continue in business.
Amazing, no wonder the state of the Union. :roll:

I would not call producing CosmosEx being an entrepreneur, it is more like an extended hobby. But, in most countries, hobby of such scale requires business licence. It is not EU requirement, but in some EU countries, you need to pay some fixed taxes when you operate under business licence. For example, in Poland it is about 200 euro each month (this are mandatory social security taxes). But, for people starting their first business, there is starting period (in Poland 2 years) where you have those taxes limited (to about 20euro per month in Poland). I thins this happened to Jookie - he started with lower taxes, and after some period of time passed, he would have to pay much higher taxes, which you can't really do if what you do is not real business, but an extended hobby.
Atari: FireBee, Falcon030 + CT60e + SuperVidel + SvEthlana, TT, 520ST + 4MB ST RAM + 8MB TT RAM + CosmosEx + SC1435, 1040STFM + UltraSatan + SM124, 1040STE 4MB ST RAM + 8MB TT RAM + CosmosEx + NetUSBee + SM144 + SC1224, 65XE + U1MB + VBXE + SIDE2, Jaguar, Lynx II, 2 x Portfolio (HPC-006)

Adam Klobukowski [adamklobukowski@gmail.com]

dhedberg
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby dhedberg » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:38 pm

Well, there's a lot to be blamed on the EU, but in this case we're dealing with a local (state) law/regulation. Regardless, I totally agree that enforcing a company to pay social insurances or any other fees that are not related to the company's turnover/profit/salaries is completely insane in every aspect.
Daniel, New Beat - http://newbeat.atari.org

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:01 pm

If one is trying to do something than just doing nothing.... being entrepreneur.... the 1st step to growing into a business.
Small no matter how small will have some effect... think of the propagation effect downstream.
He needs to get the components ( yeah made in china but he can choose to get from EU ), the logistic, other supporting industries etc, is the country. He has more money to spend food, beers, family that spurs the economy.
There is a pyramid effect.

It may be a local/state law... but the local law is supporting the country.... and country may be unfortunately supporting the union in some ways.... that is i turn supporting the other/rest of it's members.

Unions has it good points, standing together united and making sure there is peace.

Sorry for OT.

But I think in any government, the government want to put taxes on everything it can think of regardless.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI_ATI_RTL8139 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

Gaiyan
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Gaiyan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:53 am

I've a registered business in Finland and I operate at such a scale where there are absolutely no extra costs to running it. So EU has nothing to do with it. I find the government encourages entrepreneurs there.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:07 pm

That's a great thing for a country to do.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI_ATI_RTL8139 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby calimero » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:27 pm

OFFTOPIC:

All this money-as-mediator-in-human-to-human-interaction is bullshit in today world of see of available data.

If Google/Facebook/Apple (and USA government on top) want, they could calculate exactly how many minutes you need to perform job that you hate or love to get what you exactly want.
"Free market, money, regulations, externality to system"... all can go to history IF these companies is willing to make calculation out of data that we put in THEIR system over internet.

e.g. - Google know that you want brand new Porsche (would be, btw, pass- per-se in this futuristic society), and how badly you want it, and it can calculate how much time you need to perform certain job that you hate (and to compare your hate against that job by other humans so it can get a "hate" score, to put it on comparison scale) so as a price you will get Porsche (or whatever you want). There is no need for this approximative system like we have for past 200 years. Especial when we reach point that Adam Smith mark as most negative - to have monopolies in free market.

EDIT:

two days later, after my post, this video come: Psychographics 101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoMI05ptLpk&t=1049s
Watch first 15 minutes and you will be see what I am talking about.
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X

qq1975b
Atari God
Atari God

Postby qq1975b » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:23 pm

Does someone know if there is a length limitation to the ACSI-SCSI cable of the CosmosEx Falcon version?

Thank you.
Trying to learn...

Social Media

Return to “CosmosEx”