Pasti

All about ST/STE games

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, ICS, Moderator Team

johnnyboy1911
Atariator
Atariator

Pasti

Postby johnnyboy1911 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:34 am

is there a possibility Pasti files with a real Atari to use, write to disc play, etc. ??

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pasti

Postby Dal » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:18 pm

You can use Pasti with the HxC emulator on a real atari but it is not possible to write an STX back to a floppy disk
TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

PortuguesePilot
Atarian
Atarian

Postby PortuguesePilot » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:16 pm

Dal wrote:You can use Pasti with the HxC emulator on a real atari but it is not possible to write an STX back to a floppy disk

How does one do that, exactly? I have the latest HxC firmware installed, also have the latest loader HFE and I've even tried to copy the pasti.dll file to the USB pen root directory (fully knowing that it's a Windows library, but one tries everything before quitting). I still can't load STX files (nor even MSA for that matter. Only ST and converted HFE files).
Atari 520STfm + Sony KV-14LT1E (via SCART) + Gotek (HxC) + Suzo The Arcade joystick + Logic3 SpeedMouse

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:45 pm

Pasti support with HxC is very limited - some titles work, some not. And it works only with USB HxC version, so not with stand alone (SD card based).
There is way to stop global warming.

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby ijor » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:40 pm

I'm not very familiar with the HxC myself. But I understand you have to use the HxC main software to convert the STX file to HFE format. Once converted, you can load it with the emulator. I heard that the conversion is rather limited, as posted, some titles work others do not. If the conversion works, for at least some of them, you should be able to convert then to some of the RAW formats (SPC, or Kroflux) and write it back to physical disk. You should be able to load the converted HFE file on the stand alone version as well. But the HxC SD version doesn't support some type of protections. This limitation is not related to Pasti. It is a limitation of the HxC emulator.

I intend to develop a Pasti to low level conversion. But that's a future project.

PortuguesePilot
Atarian
Atarian

Postby PortuguesePilot » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:13 am

Thanks for the replies, mates.

The only game I tried to convert from STX to HFE (HxC native disk format) was Atari Grand Prix (can't find this on ST or MSA format anywhere. If someone knows a place... ) and the conversion didn't work. It only loads the title screen and then freezes. The STX files won't load at all, it just restarts the HFE file loader. Also, another games that gives me trouble is F1 GP Circuits that doesn't work at all, but this is a different case since - despite being in MSA format - it doesn't work anywhere (real ST or emulators). I used the AtariMania MSA version of the latter.

Also - unrelated but sort of relevant - does anyone know how to disable the bugging Pasti warning when starting STeem?
Atari 520STfm + Sony KV-14LT1E (via SCART) + Gotek (HxC) + Suzo The Arcade joystick + Logic3 SpeedMouse

kodak80
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby kodak80 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:16 am

PortuguesePilot wrote:
Also - unrelated but sort of relevant - does anyone know how to disable the bugging Pasti warning when starting STeem?

A new version (0.2j) of the Pasti.dll was recently released and the nag message has been removed:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=30517
Atari Falcon 030 | Atari 1040 STE | Atari 1040 STFM | Atari 1040 STF | Kryoflux & Supercard Pro Flux boards
Admin of Atari ST Review Magazine Archive: http://www.ataristreview.com

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:31 pm

I worked together with Jeff on Pasti support some years ago - mostly as tester + some Pasti specs. He abandoned whole thing because it was very hard to deal with - partially because format self, + because lack of complete documentation.
Supporting variable bitrates is possible only with USB HxC, and many protections use that way

Considering F1 GP circuits - may be that TOS version is problem. You need to try it with different TOS versions in emulator(s), + setting RAM to 512K or 1MB.
There is way to stop global warming.

PortuguesePilot
Atarian
Atarian

Postby PortuguesePilot » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:43 pm

Thanks for all the replies, mates! Cheers!

Social Media

Return to “Games - General”