Return To Genesis - on TT

A section to cover all the different problems encountered by running game x on system y! Whether it's as simple as a non-STE compatible game through to h/drive installable games. Discuss them all in here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

NGF
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Return To Genesis - on TT

Postby NGF » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:22 pm

I'm playing Return to Genesis on my TT (no extra hardware). Works great until I get a highscore, when I press Enter to confirm the screen turns red and I can't get anywhere after that. I wonder if anyone else had this problem? I'm using dbug version running from diskette (my harddrive doesn't work). Could it be that it crashes because I use A: and it expects C:? Can anyone else with TT try? :angel:
"4160" STE with Ultrasatan | Falcon 030 14MB with CF-reader | TT030 | STacy | 520STFM x 2 | 520ST x 2

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Return To Genesis - on TT

Postby AtariZoll » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:50 am

It should work with floppy, and problem is most likely because they did not patch properly that part of code - highscore save.
There is certainly no hardcoded C, because it should work from any partition.
Please try this: http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/returntg.html
I'm not 100% sure that on TT it will work from floppy (don't have TT at moment) . Highscore is not saved, but will continue normally. With Haga statesaves is possible to save scores too, of course - that's not really for floppy, needs 500 KB free space for. There are some special trainer options too.
Famous Schrodinger's cat hypothetical experiment says that cat is dead or alive until we open box and see condition of poor animal, which deserved better logic. Cat is always in some certain state - regardless from is observer able or not to see what the state is.

NGF
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby NGF » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:26 pm

OK I tried that version, after the black copyright screen, the disk starts to load strangely and then there is the red screen of death like in the dbug version. Tried three different diskettes and all of them crashes at the same place.
"4160" STE with Ultrasatan | Falcon 030 14MB with CF-reader | TT030 | STacy | 520STFM x 2 | 520ST x 2

NGF
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby NGF » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:14 pm

According to this thread viewtopic.php?f=53&t=19954 it's a known issue with the dbug version, hiscore saving crash and also missing explosions. The problem is in the hack not the machine then, probably crashes all machines.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Well, then it just works not from the floppy on TT. TT without hard disk is not exactly something common. Best would be that you fix/replace hard disk, or get UltraSatan.
Famous Schrodinger's cat hypothetical experiment says that cat is dead or alive until we open box and see condition of poor animal, which deserved better logic. Cat is always in some certain state - regardless from is observer able or not to see what the state is.

NGF
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby NGF » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:07 pm

I will try with my Ultrasatan later and see how it works :)

Social Media

Return to “Games - Compatibility Issues etc.”