Help Running A Music Program on STeem.

A forum for anything about the Steem Engine STE emulator, comments, problems, bug reports etc. Steven Seagal regularly provides updated versions of the original STEem code. The current version is v3.9.4.

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

Doommaster1994
Atarian
Atarian

Help Running A Music Program on STeem.

Postby Doommaster1994 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:27 pm

Hello everybody, this is my first post so sorry if I put it in the wrong place.

I have been using STeem as my emulator for Atari ST. I really wanted to use Notator but I can't find any way possible to make a .st file. I have the files from the program but not on an .ST disk image because I don't know how to do that. I must have searched to find a program for like half an hour and all the programs I tried didn't work. I even tried Gemulator but all that's good for is looking at files. It doesn't do anything for me.
Please help, it's really frustrating and upsetting me.
Thank you.
-DM1994

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Help Running A Music Program on STeem.

Postby christos » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:44 pm

You could probably install it on a virtual hd. Just add a folder as ST HD from the disk menu in STEEM.

Doommaster1994
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Doommaster1994 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:42 pm

I got it to run on a virtual hard drive, but now I have another problem. I double click the .PRG to run the program and another window comes up as if it's a title screen for the program but after a couple seconds it goes away and nothing happens. I haven't been able to get past that.

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Does Notator require a dongle? If so, I doubt you'll get much further without it and/or a hacked copy of Notator that removes the dongle check.

Also, from memory, don't most music programs work in monochrome?
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Doommaster1994
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Doommaster1994 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:35 pm

I believe it does use a dongle but I don't own a real copy, or a real ST. I don't mind running it in monochrome, I just wanted to write music on it and I've heard other people get it working.

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:57 pm

Take a look on eBay for and original copy with dongle... Or here for a dongle-less version you could use to 'try it out' or whatever you decide...
Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

Doommaster1994
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Doommaster1994 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:41 pm

Thanks, Dal,
I got one more problem before I can run the program. When I tried to run the program, it says this:
"Can't run CREATOR
Please select MEDIUM screen res"
Does anyone know how to do that?
Thanks for all your help guys, I really appreciate it.

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:22 am

From the desktop, select "Set Preferences" from the "Options" menu and follow your nose
Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

Doommaster1994
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Doommaster1994 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:50 am

That did it! It seems to be running fine now, though I've heard it crashes, but at least I got it up and running. Thanks guys!

Social Media

Return to “Steem”