Problems with my Gotek with Hxc

Everything related to using the HxC Floppy Emulator hardware on your Atari.

Moderators: mr.vince, DrCoolZic, Moderator Team

Sowden
Atari freak
Atari freak

Problems with my Gotek with Hxc

Postby Sowden » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:45 am

Hey guys. So a guy came to me and wanted me to install my old Gotek I had. It has HxC2001 v3.0.8.2a and the machine is a STE with Rainbow TOS. I got it installed but it started acting real wonkey on me. For one no matter what I mount in slot 001 it would never read, even if I put the same disk in another slot. Sometimes it wouldn't boot on the first time I turn it on after being off for a while. It would display the "hXc" on the display. So my first thought was to upgrade the firmware. But when I tired, it would flash the number "003" on the display and it would never update. Does anyone know what I might do or might be missing? Thanks.

alexfal
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Problems with my Gotek with Hxc

Postby alexfal » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:19 pm

I had some issue with attempting to firmware update on my Falcon, but it did eventually take after holding the two buttons on the GoteK whilst switching on Atari - it flashed then restart - the boot menu program should give you an indication if you're using the latest firmware.

Also whenever updating firmware whatever mode you use I usually have to recopy the HXCSDFE.CFG file from the latest zip file you got the update from (e.g. Config_Files\Autoboot_mode\HXCSDFE.CFG) onto the root of the USB stick. In automatic mode at least it clears the slot configuration so you'll have to set it up again.

Good luck!

Social Media

Return to “HxC Floppy Emulator”