Side 2 Cart firmware update woes and other hiccups

All discussions about the Atari 8bit range of machines.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

seastalker
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Side 2 Cart firmware update woes and other hiccups

Postby seastalker » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:58 am

New Side 2 and U1MB (Not installed yet.) My Sandisk Ultra 16GB CF card at 50mb/sec is not supported for some reason. I've heard to only go with SanDisk so I'd be happy for suggestions of the biggest and fastest CF card that the Side 2 supports that will hold the A8 library. I have a small 125MB card that is doing the job for now.

Now, the firmware update instructions and guides aren't working in my case. I followed the pdf manual, Lotharek's site, and flashjazzcat's. I watched the firmware video by "The Modern Atari 8bit computer", but the mentioned file he used is no longer visible. Using the same tactic with the latest firmware files, "side2_full.atr" and or "side2_loader.atr" only boot with SIOtoPC/RespeQT with the side 2 cart UNPLUGGED. SpartaDos does not continue booting any .ATR otherwise for some odd reason.

I'm using an 800xl with 256MB Wizztronic so I tried using the UFLASH.XEX but oddly it doesn't recognize the SIDE2 cart even manually selected from the menu.

I've been at it all day and did my homework but I don't know other options. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks to all the guides thus far even if they didn't work for me yet.

Social Media

Return to “The Atari 8bit corner”