Problem with sound effect under MiNT i CTPCI

Discuss CT60/CT63, CTPCI, SuperVidel and EtherNAT hardware here.

Moderators: Mug UK, [ProToS], lp, moondog/.tSCc., Moderator Team

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Problem with sound effect under MiNT i CTPCI

Postby Kroll » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi,
I have a question for users of the MiNT system and for obtaining various sound effects.

In CT63 mode for the MiNT 1.19 system and for the Jinnee desktop. For example, I set the screen saver Twilight and paula mod player for sound, Rational Sound applications for different sound effects, clock, opening and closing windows and etc. additional sample ugotmail.avr in MEG application.
And if I use the Jinnee desktop everything is great :). I do not know about the Thing and Teradesk desktops, there are no active effects when opening, closing windows, and no sound in the speakers. But this is not a major problem.
I have such effects for video settings video = 27 (in the file xaaes.cnf) and I use the Centsrceen program for resolutions up to 800x608x256 colors.

I change video settings, activate CTPCI and Radeon, change only in the file xaaes.cnf on video = 0x434D for the resolution of 1680x1050x16M colors. I run a computer with the same programs in Auto, ACC, CPX.
Twilight, for example, turns on me and I hear the module in Pauli. Unfortunately, Rational sound 2.0.2 turns off the sound completely. I notice this in the Control Panel in SND.CPX and Matrix and A/D converter are turned off.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening, do I need other CPX, maybe drivers for the MiNT system ?

I will be grateful for all suggestions.

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Problem with sound effect under MiNT i CTPCI

Postby mikro » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:42 am

To me this sounds like an issue in CTPCI TOS, looks like the sound system is incorrectly detected (assuming AC'97 sound system found in the FireBee?)

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:00 pm

mikro: What do you mean ?
In my system I use Boot v.2.02 Beta 10, and TOS Drivers 1.02, because I used not only Radeon, but realtek and USB cards.
The problem is in TOS drivers, Is there no loaded when CTPCI is inactive ?

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:02 am

Rational Sounds hooks into the VDI/AES trap to detect the actions that triggers a sound. This may not work with the Radeon driver. Have you tried Crazy Sounds instead?
Jo Even

VanillaMiNT - Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:09 pm

Not yet, but it looks like it works under TOS with CTPCI.
joska: thank you for your link, earlier I had only german version of Crazy Sound 2.00, now I have english :)

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:32 pm

Hi,
I checked everything myself :). Crazy sound works properly, together with the Jinnee desktop (it can hear different effects when opening, closing windows, etc.). Unfortunately, MiNT behaves similarly with Thing or Teradesk, as in the case without CTPCI, as I described earlier.
Aditionally when I try and test sound effect directly from Crazy Sound Accesories that it is OK,

One interesting it that I discovered was that if I run Thing directly from TOS, I can hear different effects :)

Unfortunately, the MEG application behaves the same way, and I do not hear that I received a new electronic mail (of course under MiNT together with CTPCI) :(

That means it does not work with Crazy Sound and Thing and Teradesk under the MiNT system

I write everything I noticed on my computer.

Social Media

Return to “CT60 / CT63 Area”