I am very happy and I am using Xboot on different computers, it is very useful, I have put up many different options to run Falcon
Several times, with different threads, I was addressing the problem with Xboot and not only that.
So for all who use CT6x and CTPCI I made a compilation, maybe somebody will help something.
All the tests I did on the computer
Atari Falcon, CT63, CTPCI + Radeon 9250
Boot and TOS drivers 2.00 Beta 2 of 24 October 2010
I downloaded several versions of Xboot and did an Xboot compilation, whether it works properly with CTPCI and GEMRAM:
1. XBOOT version 3.02 27 February 1993 (length 89.159 bytes, English version)
2. XBOOT version 3.20 29 November 1993 (length 91.700 bytes, Vertrieb: MAXON Computer Gmbh, English version)
3. XBOOT version 3.02 27 February 1993 (length 89.719 bytes, Vertrieb: BELA Gmbh, Deutsch version)
4. XBOOT version 3.02 27 February 1993 (length 89.719 bytes, Vertrieb: BELA Gmbh, English version)
5. XBOOT version 3.10 29 November 1993 (length 91.630 bytes, Vertrieb: MAXON Computer Gmbh, English version)
Summary of results:
Ad 1: CTPCI: No. GEMRAM, WinX OK
Ad 2: CTPCI: No. GEMRAM, WinX OK
Ad 3: CTPCI: OK. GEMRAM, WinX No
Ad 4: CTPCI: OK. GEMRAM, WinX No
Ad 5: CTPCI: No. GEMRAM, WinX OK
What do the answers mean?
Answer CTPCI: No
Indicates that the xboot does not start up properly, the white screen, press CTRL + Q to launch the last setting, or as in the pictures below:
Answer CTPCI: OK
Every time when start computer, XBOOT works properly
Answer: GEMRAM, WinX No
Almost always there is a bug when running GEMRAM (see picture below) or when running WinX too (Completely random)
Answer: GEMRAM, WinX OK
It means that GEMRAN and WinX is working every time
For information, I give what I run at the start of the TOS in Auto folder
Xboot, NVDI, Gemram, Dpattern, DSPBIOS, EXCEP060, WinX, Wdialog, E_TEMP, Falcon8, Ldg, Maccel34, Pol_Font (for polish characters), Slectric, TOSFIX, ACCS,
I have a question whether someone who uses Xboot also noticed similar abnormalities?
In summary, I have to change Xboot if I want to run GEMRAM and WinX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.