CTPCI and USB card

Discuss CT60/CT63, CTPCI, SuperVidel and EtherNAT hardware here.

Moderators: Mug UK, lp, [ProToS], moondog/.tSCc., Moderator Team

User avatar
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian
Posts: 12374
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: Far East
Contact:

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby wongck » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:34 pm

I found my cards - 2 x USB cards to test.
But one cannot be detected at all. Luckily one of the 2 was detected.

Bad new is that I could not do any testing on the new David's binaries until I get the correct Xaaes on.

- When I plug a keyboard only, the entire USB board cannot be detected at POST, so it skip USB.
- When I plug a mouse only, the USB board is detected and the mouse enumerated.
May be not enough power???

Mouse moves in XBOOT and TOS as well as the Mint/XaAES from Mikro.
But I cannot really use it as a left to right move cause it to zig-zag (moves up & down quickly while moving left to right) across the screen.

Must I remove my mouse at the keyboard port ?
When I was using a serial mouse, I do not have to remove my keyboard port mouse.

In additional.... my 2nd HDD is also not enumerated properly during POST, so I am really scare to proceed..... if it corrupts my HDD.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

User avatar
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian
Posts: 12374
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: Far East
Contact:

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby wongck » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:16 pm

Yeap.... don't bail..... :mrgreen:

I connected another better USB keyboard (Logitech) and TOS 2.02 was able to enumerate it.
( the one that failed was from DELL.... I think TOS 2.02 only recognize few brands )

So now I tested on David's new binaries.... nope, the USB keyboard did not type anything out.
It may have hung the entire bird as the Falcon keyboard also type nothing.
( I used INIT= /bin/bash so not GUI to test )

BTW, the USB keyboard worked on Mikro's Mint/XaAES.
but SHIFT prints 6 (LSHFT) and o (RSHFT) so you can't type capitals or anything that needs shift... in TOS & MINT, so it's a TOS 2.02 error.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:49 am

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby Galvez » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:28 pm

OK I need to investigate further, thank you very much for the report.

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:49 am

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby Galvez » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:33 pm

During the booting process FireTOS shows the version of TOS drivers plus the beta number and the date of compilation. For example for me it shows "TOS driver 1.02 beta 14 9/01/2014 21:04", I guess CT60TOS v2.02 does the same, if so which beta number and date is showing for you?

mikro
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1625
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:11 am
Location: Kosice, Slovakia
Contact:

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby mikro » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:50 pm

Galvez wrote:"TOS driver 1.02 beta 14 9/01/2014 21:04"

The most unfortunate thing is that this version hasn't been ever released. :-( It's spread only as a single file, so sources (at least for the driver part which used to be public) are gone too.

User avatar
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian
Posts: 12374
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: Far East
Contact:

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby wongck » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:35 pm

yes, unfortunately the source for 2,.02 was not release for public.
Anyway, this is the version TOS 2.02 beta 10 06/05/2015 13:50
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

User avatar
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian
Posts: 12374
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: Far East
Contact:

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby wongck » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:40 pm

but SHIFT prints 6 (LSHFT) and o (RSHFT) so you can't type capitals or anything that needs shift... in TOS & MINT, so it's a TOS 2.02 error.


May be Didier used French keyboard... and gives different scan codes.
I don't have a french keyboard.

Yet I assumed this TOS kbrd code be the same as FireTOS code which works fine.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:49 am

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby Galvez » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:34 am

wongck wrote:
but SHIFT prints 6 (LSHFT) and o (RSHFT) so you can't type capitals or anything that needs shift... in TOS & MINT, so it's a TOS 2.02 error.


May be Didier used French keyboard... and gives different scan codes.
I don't have a french keyboard.

Yet I assumed this TOS kbrd code be the same as FireTOS code which works fine.

I think this keyboard issue was fixed with beta 12 on December 2012.

From history_drivers.txt
2012 December
-------------
Some changes inside the lwIP RTL8139 driver (lwip/rtl8139.c).
Changed web server port 80 to 8080 (lwip/web.c).
Added web server to the CT60/CTPCI target.
Fixed bug with USB default US keyboard (usb/usb_kbd.c).

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:49 am

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby Galvez » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:41 am

wongck wrote:yes, unfortunately the source for 2,.02 was not release for public.
Anyway, this is the version TOS 2.02 beta 10 06/05/2015 13:50

Thanks for the info. I tried to reproduce the USB mouse problem with FireTOS and I couldn't, I've flashed a version from around May 2012 but still it's working fine.

I'd like to isolate the problem in the CTPCI, so one more test. Could you please disable the network driver renaming the xif extension, reboot and try the USB mouse?

Thanks

mikro
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1625
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:11 am
Location: Kosice, Slovakia
Contact:

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby mikro » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:01 am

Galvez wrote:I think this keyboard issue was fixed with beta 12 on December 2012.

From history_drivers.txt
2012 December
-------------
Some changes inside the lwIP RTL8139 driver (lwip/rtl8139.c).
Changed web server port 80 to 8080 (lwip/web.c).
Added web server to the CT60/CTPCI target.
Fixed bug with USB default US keyboard (usb/usb_kbd.c).

Can you please attach this version to this thread? If I'm not mistaken, Ektus' version is that beta 10, i.e. if you have anything newer (ideally with as an archive with other files), please do post it! :)

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:49 am

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby Galvez » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:10 am

mikro wrote:
Galvez wrote:I think this keyboard issue was fixed with beta 12 on December 2012.

From history_drivers.txt
2012 December
-------------
Some changes inside the lwIP RTL8139 driver (lwip/rtl8139.c).
Changed web server port 80 to 8080 (lwip/web.c).
Added web server to the CT60/CTPCI target.
Fixed bug with USB default US keyboard (usb/usb_kbd.c).

Can you please attach this version to this thread? If I'm not mistaken, Ektus' version is that beta 10, i.e. if you have anything newer (ideally with as an archive with other files), please do post it! :)

Sadly for CTPCI users there is only a binary for ColdFire and 2 text history files, perhaps those files could be of use for CTPCI users to see what have been fixed between beta 10 and 12. It's also the last beta posted by Didier in the ACP development forum with history files of changes.
Although I don't see any motive to don't post the package in here, I'll ask in the developer forum first just in case anybody gets upset, one thing that sadly happens easily ;-). Miro in any case the package is in the forum and you're there too, I'll show you in which thread you can find it ;-)

Latz
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:02 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby Latz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:24 am

Hi,

it´s not working good here:
Although USB card is detected correct at boot, it´s not working at all :twisted:
Tested keyboard Logitech K120, mouse Logitech B100, 2 USB sticks 16 GB with TOS and MinT.
None of the devices are found; not at boot (TOS) and not when starting usb loader with MinT.

So no USB tests here :shrug:

Latz
Falcon/CT60 90MHz, 14+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250/RTL8139, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, DVD-RW.
Falcon/CT63 95 MHz, 4+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250/RTL8139, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, CD-RW.

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:49 am

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby Galvez » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:44 am

Latz wrote:Hi,

it´s not working good here:
Although USB card is detected correct at boot, it´s not working at all :twisted:
Tested keyboard Logitech K120, mouse Logitech B100, 2 USB sticks 16 GB with TOS and MinT.
None of the devices are found; not at boot (TOS) and not when starting usb loader with MinT.

So no USB tests here :shrug:

Latz


Hi Latz, thanks a lot for your tests.

Just for clarify things. We don't need to use MiNT drivers (they never have been tested with the CTPCI), the CT60TOS built-in ones should be used under MiNT for the tests, so forget about usb loader for now :-).
Another thing if I understand your post, you seem to say that the USB devices (mouse, keyboard, etc) are not working with CT60TOS either (without the MiNT kernel running), if so this seems a different problem. Which CT60TOS beta version and date are you using?

User avatar
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian
Posts: 12374
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: Far East
Contact:

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby wongck » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:48 am

Galvez wrote:Sadly for CTPCI users there is only a binary for ColdFire and 2 text history files, perhaps those files could be of use for CTPCI users to see what have been fixed between beta 10 and 12. It's also the last beta posted by Didier in the ACP development forum with history files of changes.
Although I don't see any motive to don't post the package in here, I'll ask in the developer forum first just in case anybody gets upset, one thing that sadly happens easily ;-). Miro in any case the package is in the forum and you're there too, I'll show you in which thread you can find it ;-)


Why does it upset some people?

I do have beta 11, but there are no history file. So I would like to see what is fixed.
Before someone ask me for beta 11, it does not work.... gives me plenty of HDD errors. I do not know why.
I hope the txt files will throw some light.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

User avatar
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian
Posts: 12374
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: Far East
Contact:

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby wongck » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:10 pm

Galvez wrote:I'd like to isolate the problem in the CTPCI, so one more test. Could you please disable the network driver renaming the xif extension, reboot and try the USB mouse?

I disabled network as suggested.
The mouse still runs erratically.

When I tried it with your new binaries, again on bash shell only, both USB & falcon keyboard does not type.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

User avatar
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian
Posts: 12374
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: Far East
Contact:

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby wongck » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:19 pm

Latz wrote:it´s not working good here:
Although USB card is detected correct at boot, it´s not working at all :twisted:
Tested keyboard Logitech K120, mouse Logitech B100, 2 USB sticks 16 GB with TOS and MinT.
None of the devices are found; not at boot (TOS) and not when starting usb loader with MinT.


Where did you plug in your USB device?... I think only port 1,2 & 3 works, and they must be used in that order.
There are no markings for port 0,1,2,3,4 on mine but only the top 3 ports works (at the 4 port side).
The lowest port and the one by it's own in the middle does not.

Also it seems the order of devices must populate port 1 then 2 then 3.
If I plug in at port 3 (top most) no device enumerated.
if plug in port 1... works
if I plug in port 1 and port 3, does not work.
if I plug in port 1 and 2.... works.
if I plug in port 1,2 & 3 ... works.
Anything in port 0 & 4, does not work.
My USB card may be defective..... as another one of mine was.

So I think you have to use port 1 then 2 then 3. Max 3 devices .... IDK.

The standard usb input device:
My keyboard is Logitech K120.
My mouse is Logitech M100.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

Latz
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:02 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby Latz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:26 pm

Hi,

sorry, i just wanted to "share my pain" a little bit :wink:

Galvez wrote:Another thing if I understand your post, you seem to say that the USB devices (mouse, keyboard, etc) are not working with CT60TOS either (without the MiNT kernel running), if so this seems a different problem. Which CT60TOS beta version and date are you using?


Correct! Devices are not found even with CT60TOS. So it´s not your problem, seems like the USB card is incompatible somehow.
Card is 3.3/5V (two slots in pci connector), 4 external + 1 internal USB ports and correctly detected at boot... don´t know why it´s
not working.
It´s CT60TOS beta 10, May 2012 here.

Regards,
Latz
Falcon/CT60 90MHz, 14+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250/RTL8139, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, DVD-RW.
Falcon/CT63 95 MHz, 4+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250/RTL8139, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, CD-RW.

Latz
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:02 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby Latz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi,

wongck wrote:Where did you plug in your USB device?... I think only port 1,2 & 3 works, and they must be used in that order....


Thank you very much for these infos, i didn´t know that!
Will test it directly.

Latz
Falcon/CT60 90MHz, 14+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250/RTL8139, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, DVD-RW.
Falcon/CT63 95 MHz, 4+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250/RTL8139, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, CD-RW.

User avatar
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian
Posts: 12374
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: Far East
Contact:

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby wongck » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:42 pm

Latz wrote:Thank you very much for these infos, i didn´t know that!
Will test it directly.

Good luck.... may the Force be with you.

I discovered the sequence by chance.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:49 am

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby Galvez » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:07 pm

Latz wrote:Correct! Devices are not found even with CT60TOS. So it´s not your problem, seems like the USB card is incompatible somehow.
Card is 3.3/5V (two slots in pci connector), 4 external + 1 internal USB ports and correctly detected at boot... don´t know why it´s
not working.
It´s CT60TOS beta 10, May 2012 here.

Is a USB card with the NEC µPD720101 chip?

Latz
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:02 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby Latz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi,

Galvez wrote:Is a USB card with the NEC µPD720101 chip?

Unfortunetly my PCI cards are mounted horizontally "upside down" (chips are on bottom side), so i can´t see that.
Would have to remove the card, but it´s well fixed with some screws.
If my USB test ends negative, i´ll remove the card and then i can tell you :(

Latz
Falcon/CT60 90MHz, 14+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250/RTL8139, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, DVD-RW.
Falcon/CT63 95 MHz, 4+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250/RTL8139, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, CD-RW.

User avatar
viking272
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:50 pm
Location: west of London, UK

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby viking272 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:10 pm

Latz, sometimes it might be possible to use the camera on your phone to take a picture of a card, chip etc and then view the photo (and zoom!)
Just a thought.

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:49 am

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby Galvez » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:57 pm

Another kernel to test, let's see how it goes.

mint060_pcibios_2.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Latz
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:02 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby Latz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:42 am

Hi,

viking272 wrote:Latz, sometimes it might be possible to use the camera on your phone

Good idea, but not possible here. Both Falcons are mounted in 19" rack cases and there´s not enough space under
or between the cards to take a photo.

My USB card don´t work. Tested all usb ports one after another with keyboard alone: Keyboard LEDs don´t light up,
no function at all. :(
To be sure i measured power at usb ports - correct, 4.96V.

Latz
Falcon/CT60 90MHz, 14+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250/RTL8139, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, DVD-RW.
Falcon/CT63 95 MHz, 4+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250/RTL8139, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, CD-RW.

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:49 am

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby Galvez » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:27 am

Latz wrote:Hi,

Galvez wrote:Is a USB card with the NEC µPD720101 chip?

Unfortunetly my PCI cards are mounted horizontally "upside down" (chips are on bottom side), so i can´t see that.
Would have to remove the card, but it´s well fixed with some screws.
If my USB test ends negative, i´ll remove the card and then i can tell you :(

Latz

As far as I know only cards with this chip have been tested, also the FireBee has this chip. So it's important to check that the card you buy has it to have good chances that the drivers will work.


Social Media

     

Return to “CT60 / CT63 Area”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest