CTPCI and USB card

Discuss CT60/CT63, CTPCI, SuperVidel and EtherNAT hardware here.

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Re: CTPCI and USB card

Postby wongck » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:57 pm

I use VGA cable for my windoze on 1920x1080 HD LCD.
So i thnk it is possible.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI_ATI_RTL8139 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:43 pm

I have similar problem, on Falcon with Radeon card I use LCD monitor, with nominal resolution 1680x1050, and I have to use DVI cable, on the standard VGA cable there is not TOS change resolution Mon.1 is disable, and I can not set this resolution, with DVI cable is OK

paul92706
Atari God
Atari God

Postby paul92706 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:54 pm

Ektus wrote:
paul92706 wrote:My file system looks good, and i am using COP's, so i don't think there's a problem there. Maybe it could be because you are using the DVI cable? i am using standard VGA 15pin cable.

I can try and test with a VGA cable, but don't know if the high resolutions are available via VGA. I won't have access to the Falcon before Friday, though.

Regards
Ektus.

That would be great Ektus, thanks buddy
Atari Falcon CT60/CTPCI 14MB+ 512mb ATI9250 + NetUSBee
Atari Falcon030 CF 4gb + NetUSBee+ 14MB Ram
Atari TT030 2meg STRAM/16meg TTRAM + Nova Adaptor +Maxtor SCSI HD + DaynaPort Pocket SCSI

paul92706
Atari God
Atari God

Postby paul92706 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:54 pm

disregard
Atari Falcon CT60/CTPCI 14MB+ 512mb ATI9250 + NetUSBee
Atari Falcon030 CF 4gb + NetUSBee+ 14MB Ram
Atari TT030 2meg STRAM/16meg TTRAM + Nova Adaptor +Maxtor SCSI HD + DaynaPort Pocket SCSI

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:25 am

Kroll wrote:I checked it, this is a problem with the newer MiNT,
keyboard, mouse, mass storage works without any problems with versions 1-17 on which also works with network cards.

Back to this issue. In your bug report you mention 1-18-1 beta as the working one.

I'm wondering, can you try this: https://github.com/freemint/freemint.gi ... t-1_18/old (this should be the same as freemint.org's 1.18-1 beta, I have totally forgotten we provide it on github as well ;)) ... this should work as expected.

And then the attached build (produced by Alan's script so basically the same). This shouldn't work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:11 am

mikro wrote:Back to this issue. In your bug report you mention 1-18-1 beta as the working one.

In this thread you quoted, I raised the problem, with mass storage connected to Netusbee that does not work with MiNT 1-19-cur.

mikro wrote:I'm wondering, can you try this: https://github.com/freemint/freemint.gi ... t-1_18/old (this should be the same as freemint.org's 1.18-1 beta, I have totally forgotten we provide it on github as well ;)) ... this should work as expected.

And then the attached build (produced by Alan's script so basically the same). This shouldn't work.

Here I wanted to describe because recently I managed to connect to my CTPCI, USB card on the PCI connector and tested the keyboard, mouse and mass storage connected to this card, maybe a fuss and I will look this.
Here I will write only to CTPCI users and those who have connected a USB card to the PCI connector.

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:45 pm

As I wrote above, I back to test USB card on PCI connector in my CTPCI
I plug keybord and mouse to this card.

Both devices are correctly detected at boot time.

I tested with TOS, Magic and MiNT
Under TOS and MagiC is OK, and I tested a few version of MiNT.
1.17, 1.18, 1.18-1 it is working, without problems

The only problem I noticed was with the latest 1-19-cur builds from freemint.org (trunk-26....) In this moment I have compilation from 26 september.

If I pressed any key or mouse after starting the system, then the system hangs and I had to shut down the computer.

micro:
If I ran your compilation for a network card (see the thread about the Realtek card) pre_pcibios package, then it is OK.

Ektus:
I noticed another problem, practically did not work left and right SHIFT key on my keyboard, no response after pressing under TOS and MagiC,
Under MiNT, when I press only left SHIFT on the screen shows "6", pressing right SHIFT letter "a".
What do you think about it ? Is this a problem in the TOS Drivers 1.02 ? or only with my keyboard.

The keyboard I checked on PC is OK
Unfortunately at this moment I have not other keyboard to check
In any question, please contact me, I hope now everything is clear.

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Kroll, please don't mix the issues. Why do you mention the network card issue, this thread is about "CTPCI and USB card". So I have made you a build to test USB and you mention how your network card works? Please test the attached "without_delay.zip", that will reveal whether the USB bug is the one I think it is.

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:14 pm

mikro wrote:Kroll, please don't mix the issues. Why do you mention the network card issue, this thread is about "CTPCI and USB card"

I'm sorry, maybe my mistake and not really clear it, but I just wanted to say that this package 1-19 (packages pre_pcibios.zip) did not crash the system, with the keyboard and mouse connected to the USB ports on my PCI card, compared to builds from freemint.org (1-19-cur)

mikro wrote:So I have made you a build to test USB and you mention how your network card works? Please test the attached "without_delay.zip", that will reveal whether the USB bug is the one I think it is.

Ok thank you, please wait, I have problem to run this build (If I need, write PM to you)

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:20 pm

Yes, it's a bit confusing because you're trying to solve many issues in one thread (this one particularly: usb keyboard/mouse, mass storage and IDE).

So. We know that the network issue is caused by adding a PCI BIOS wrapper to FreeMiNT, good.

We also happen to know that your USB keyboard and mouse works with the pre-PCI BIOS version as well (and hangs with the latest 1.19, however please verify it hangs also with the post-pcibios version)

And then we have the netusbee issue, about which we know next to nothing except that it works with the latest 1.18 build. "without_delay.zip" is the latest 1.18 with one suspicious commit removed, this should make it not working.

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:05 am

mikro wrote:Yes, it's a bit confusing because you're trying to solve many issues in one thread (this one particularly: usb keyboard/mouse, mass storage and IDE).

So. We know that the network issue is caused by adding a PCI BIOS wrapper to FreeMiNT, good.

We also happen to know that your USB keyboard and mouse works with the pre-PCI BIOS version as well (and hangs with the latest 1.19, however please verify it hangs also with the post-pcibios version)

I have also checked and the post-pcibios version not working, if press any key on the USB keyboard, system crash and I have to switch the computer

mikro wrote:And then we have the netusbee issue, about which we know next to nothing except that it works with the latest 1.18 build. "without_delay.zip" is the latest 1.18 with one suspicious commit removed, this should make it not working.

I also test "without_delay.zip", please look at a picture what I have on the screen after start MiNT and Thing as a desktop
Photo-0085.jpg

Photo-0086.jpg

and then I run loader.prg in USB directory

Photo-0087.jpg

Photo-0088.jpg

and the drive "q" is readeble
Please let me know if yot you want to more test.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:34 am

OK, this means that the suspicious commit wasn't that suspicious after all. ;-)

So, this brings us back to the question from the network thread: what happens if you run pre_pcibios and try your netusbee? Because you reported there a kernel version mismatch but I think this was related to the fact you forgot to switch mint060.prg in AUTO. Especially now, when you can test USB keyboard/mouse with pre_pcibios without any problem.

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:00 am

mikro wrote:OK, this means that the suspicious commit wasn't that suspicious after all. ;-)

So, this brings us back to the question from the network thread: what happens if you run pre_pcibios and try your netusbee? Because you reported there a kernel version mismatch but I think this was related to the fact you forgot to switch mint060.prg in AUTO. Especially now, when you can test USB keyboard/mouse with pre_pcibios without any problem.

I ran pre_pcibios (I'm sure I'm running a good mint060.prg file), please look at this, but is still the same

Photo-0076.jpg

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:25 am

So you can have your USB mouse/keyboard even without usbloader? OK... I'll try to run it on my machine. If this will work (pre_pcibios), then it's actually pretty good news, all your issues have one common denominator.

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:35 am

Kroll wrote:
mikro wrote:I ran pre_pcibios (I'm sure I'm running a good mint060.prg file), please look at this, but is still the same

Photo-0076.jpg

Of course that it doesn't work. Please check where do you run your usb loader from, 1-18-cur! This is 1-19-cur.

EDIT: At least I hope I read it properly? Is it 1-18-cur or 1-19-cur?

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:49 am

OK, attaching pre_pcibios which has been verified by me that it works all right. I'm lazy to check the old archive, maybe I was the one who messed things up. Please test your netusbee and if it works, we can move on as clearly there's a bug in the PCI BIOS wrapper in 1.19.

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:29 am

mikro wrote:So you can have your USB mouse/keyboard even without usbloader?

Yes, exactly.
The usbloader has nothing to do with the USB mouse/keyboard

mikro wrote:OK... I'll try to run it on my machine. If this will work (pre_pcibios), then it's actually pretty good news, all your issues have one common denominator.

OK I understand you

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:31 am

mikro wrote:Of course that it doesn't work. Please check where do you run your usb loader from, 1-18-cur! This is 1-19-cur.

EDIT: At least I hope I read it properly? Is it 1-18-cur or 1-19-cur?

I checked,I am sure that USB loader is from 1-19-cur

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:53 am

mikro wrote:OK, attaching pre_pcibios which has been verified by me that it works all right. I'm lazy to check the old archive, maybe I was the one who messed things up. Please test your netusbee and if it works, we can move on as clearly there's a bug in the PCI BIOS wrapper in 1.19.

I copied to my disk pre_pcibios_2.zip and look at at photo. What do you think about it?
Photo-0077.jpg

Latz
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Latz » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:19 am

Hi,
Kroll wrote:I copied to my disk pre_pcibios_2.zip and look at at photo. What do you think about it?

Perhaps you should disable/remove the USB drivers that are not needed ->EtherNat? Unicorn?

Latz
Falcon/CT60, 14+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250, EtherNeC, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, DVD-RW.
Falcon/CT63, 4+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250, NetUSBee, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, CD-RW.

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:26 am

I think this means that there are two bugs in the kernel then. ;-) One is related to the PCI BIOS wrapper (freezing of your usb mouse/keyboard and the network card driver) and one is quite unusual:

- it works in 1-18-cur
- it works in 1-18-cur without the suspicious delay change
- doesn't work at all in pre-PCI BIOS builds (netusbee isn't detected at all)
- doesn't work at all in post-PCI BIOS builds (ditto, judging from your networking thread)
- at some stage (unknown commit) it has started reporting the invalid chip error, i.e. at least doing something

Couldn't that message be from the unicorn driver (hey Latz, we think likewise!) ? Try to have only netusbee.ucd & storage.udd enabled, just to be sure.

To me it looks worth investigating where exactly it had broken in 1.19 branch, clearly before PCI BIOS.

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:57 am

mikro wrote:I think this means that there are two bugs in the kernel then. ;-) One is related to the PCI BIOS wrapper (freezing of your usb mouse/keyboard and the network card driver) and one is quite unusual:

- it works in 1-18-cur
- it works in 1-18-cur without the suspicious delay change
- doesn't work at all in pre-PCI BIOS builds (netusbee isn't detected at all)
- doesn't work at all in post-PCI BIOS builds (ditto, judging from your networking thread)
- at some stage (unknown commit) it has started reporting the invalid chip error, i.e. at least doing something

Couldn't that message be from the unicorn driver (hey Latz, we think likewise!) ? Try to have only netusbee.ucd & storage.udd enabled, just to be sure.

OK I made once again with only this drivers
Photo-0080.jpg

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:06 am

Oh crap, so it's the Unicorn module which 'overlaps' with netusbee errors, nice. I presume when you run post_pcibios (without other drivers), you get the same message?

To keep you busy for a while (and get me some starting point where it still works), I'm attaching two builds:

usb_d80bd4cc -- last common commit for 1.18.0 and 1.19.x (this should really work!)
usb_c1790536 -- first suspicious commit I found in 1.19.x after the split. Maybe works, maybe doesn't (would be nice if not)

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:48 am

mikro wrote:Oh crap, so it's the Unicorn module which 'overlaps' with netusbee errors, nice. I presume when you run post_pcibios (without other drivers), you get the same message?

To keep you busy for a while (and get me some starting point where it still works), I'm attaching two builds:

usb_d80bd4cc -- last common commit for 1.18.0 and 1.19.x (this should really work!)

I thing it is working, look at picture :)
This mint060prg from auto folder loading xaaes from 1-18-cur, I see it because I set in xaaes.cnf other resolution on Radeon card and set background image :D
Photo-0081.jpg

mikro wrote:usb_c1790536 -- first suspicious commit I found in 1.19.x after the split. Maybe works, maybe doesn't (would be nice if not)

I replace mint060.prg in Auto folder but not working at all I can not start system, look at photo

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:09 am

mikro wrote:Oh crap, so it's the Unicorn module which 'overlaps' with netusbee errors, nice. I presume when you run post_pcibios (without other drivers), you get the same message?

OK I back to test once again for post_pcibios, and look at photo, but in this version with a problem with USB mouse/keybord (I dont remove this card from PCI) I noticed after some time the system crashed

Photo-0084.jpg

Next tests I will be able to make after returning home in about 3-4 hours :), Sorry

Social Media

Return to “CT60 / CT63 Area”