Aniplayer 2.23 - June 2013 release!

Discuss CT60/CT63, CTPCI, SuperVidel and EtherNAT hardware here.

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

CiH
Atari God
Atari God

Aniplayer 2.23 - June 2013 release!

Postby CiH » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:31 pm

I thought this would have been picked up a bit sooner here, but never mind. A new official update for Aniplayer would probably find it easy to escape without noticing, if you didn't obsessively check Didier's home page otherwise. :mrgreen:

From the readme file that came with it.

Aniplayer V2.23 June 2013:
--------------------------
- Better reading for MPEG1/2 files, sound decoding now use a thead
under MiNT and MagiC.
- Eiffel 1.10 LCD support with the library LCD.SLB (need MiNT 1.15.3
or MagiC 6 or MetaDOS 2.74). This SLB cannot be used in the same time
by several programs
- Added multimedia PS/2 Eiffel key support with E_TEMP.PRG and the
"Eiff" cookie (PLAY/PAUSE, STOP, PREVIOUS TRACK, NEXT TRACK, VOLUME
DOWN et VOLUME UP).
- Added variable HELPVIEWER.
- Popup menus with the function menu_attach of AES 4.0.
- Added Record button inside the Playlist for convert files.
- More special HTML characters with the ID3.
- Effeil vu-meter LCD display using the the shared library LCD.SLB.
- Radeon resize (fullscreen) using VIDIX (CT60/CTPCI).
- Rewrited MP3 for Coldfire V4E using MAC instruction (Firebee).

I think people know where to go, but just in case.

http://didierm.pagesperso-orange.fr/
"Where teh feck is teh Hash key on this Mac?!"

calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Aniplayer 2.23 - June 2013 release!

Postby calimero » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:00 pm

Thank you for notice! :)

Btw I did not know that Firebee / ColdFire have MAC instruction! :D
Last edited by calimero on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:03 pm

So Didier is still alive then! Good to know ;)
TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, STacy 2, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

MadMax2023
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby MadMax2023 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:06 pm

I didn't understand how to scale video display in fullscreen mode with CTPCI/radeon, this new version is supposed to have now "fullscreen scaling available with vidix". That's great for ctpci/radeon users like me.

So I read the entire hypertext to get some informations, it's really amazing : except the fact fullscreen scaling exist there isn't a single information about how to do!
I spent 2 hours having a look again and again to all the option offered by aniplayer : but i haven't noticed new function added in the menu since 2.22. It seems there is not a new combination with the keyboard to enable this fullscreen scaling.
Ok, i quickly realized something well known : as usually in the Atari world of computer nothing is said, you have to discover all by yourself, try to figure out the impossible.

So i've done some searches to see who is this "vidix". It sounds like a character from Astérix comic book. I discovered few obscures websites about, and understood it's a thing coming from the extreme bottom of the underground computering rubbish chute.
It seems it needs X11 to work, it's ok for this point, i have it installed. I guess i need to launch vidix with a command including aniplayer, a sh*t like that.
But what to do next, did someone tried to play fullscreen scaled video with his radeon?

Thanks

Ektus
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Ektus » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:33 pm

Is there an answer to this question? I'm sitting at Fujiama 2017 with my Falcon and would like to explore the resize option, but no success yet :-(

Regards
Ektus.
Schneider CPC464 (long retired), Atari Mega ST4 (retired), Falcon+CT2A, Falcon+CT63+CTPCI+Radeon 9250, Milan040+SCSI+Rage

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:02 am

I think MadMax2023 widely misinterpreted the news entry in Aniplayer. :)

VIDIX is the abbreviation for VIDeo Interface for *niX. VIDIX was designed and introduced as an interface for fast user-space drivers providing such video performance as mga_vid does for Matrox cards. It's also very portable.

This interface was designed as an attempt to fit existing video acceleration interfaces (known as mga_vid, rage128_vid, radeon_vid, pm3_vid) into a fixed scheme. It provides a high level interface to chips which are known as BES (BackEnd scalers) or OV (Video Overlays). It doesn't provide low level interface to things which are known as graphics servers. (I don't want to compete with X11 team in graphics mode switching). I.e. main goal of this interface is to maximize the speed of video playback.

So what this essentially means in CTPCI's context is that Didier had implemented this API into CTPCI TOS. You can verify it (according to what I see in the sources) by presence of 'VIDX' cookie. This cookie is set if a Radeon card is found.

So if I could make a guess (don't have Aniplayer source code...), Aniplayer looks for this cookie and if found and the video format is compatible with what VIDIX provides, it will be used. Automatically.

Ektus
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Ektus » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:42 am

The cookie is present with a value of $00000064 but playback of a video in AVI format shows only the original resolution. The zoom option uses the CPU to re-scale and slows to a crawl, in full screen mode there's only a very small fraction of the screen used to display the movie.

What kind of media would benefit from the hardware acceleration?

Regards
Ektus.
Schneider CPC464 (long retired), Atari Mega ST4 (retired), Falcon+CT2A, Falcon+CT63+CTPCI+Radeon 9250, Milan040+SCSI+Rage

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:08 pm

Well, perhaps it depends on what the Radeon can do for you. But as I understand the news entry, the zoom should be accelerated out of the box during fullscreen playback as long as the CTPCI/VIDX cookie is present.

EDIT: His website is more explicit: "Uses VIDIX interface for YUV to fullscreen conversion on CT60/CTPCI/Radeon" and direct translation from French: "Full screen mode on Radeon using VIDIX (CT60 / CTPCI)".

EDIT #2: And lastly, Aniplayer docs: "On CT60/CTPCI, VIDIX allows to play the video in fulscrenn with the current screen if a Radeon graphic card exist (driver in flash)." In French there's more detail: "Sur CT60/CTPCI, VIDIX permet de passer en plein écran la vidéo en utilisant la résolution vidéo courante si toutefois une carte graphique Radeon est presente (driver en flash)." which translates as "On CT60 / CTPCI, VIDIX allows to switch to full screen video in the current video resolution if, however, a Radeon card is present (driver in flash)."

So as I said, it should work out of the box but it really raises the question what is meant by that "fullscreen in the current resolution".

Social Media

Return to “CT60 / CT63 Area”